The Fire

Blue's P.O.V
I'm in my own room watching some crap that I'm not really watching on TV. I only keep it on only for it to illuminate the room and to just be nosy and know where Dream is so I can go and be as annoying as possible. Then, a thought came to me. I didn't think much of it at first but, it was one of the weirdest thought I've had in a while. No matter. I shrug it off and keep flipping through the channels until I reach the news. "Meme Squad pulls the greatest prank on the JR organization yet. Dream is still sending out patrols to find them and put an end to the pranks. However, the Meme Squad is nowhere to be found." Is what the news reporter said. I retain my desire to laugh and keep listening. It's 10:30 PM and I almost drift off to sleep until I hear some sirens in the distance. I didn't think of it much at much at first but then they got louder and louder until the were only a few blocks away. I got up to see what's going on and to my surprise it was the Meme Squad's house and the worst part was that it was on fire! I walk over to ask Nightmare to tell me how this happened.

"I'm not sure how this happened but Error's still in there! I can't him out and Cross is in the hospital! Oh Error......" he said with panic and anxiety.

Then a sudden urge I could not control made run into the fire and a few minutes later, I come out with Error in my arms. My clothes were burned off a bit but I was fine, as for Error though, he took in a lot of smoke and had two ribs crushed by one of the supports that held the roof. The ambulance had already arrived and Nightmare hopped in and sat on one of the benches on the side of the truck. I lay Error on the cot and they quickly put an IV in his arm. I see his head shift left and right slowly and a little bit of whimpering and it takes me back to when Error and I lived together, but that one mistake I made, ended it. I quickly snap out of it and see Nightmare beckoning, by waving his hand, for me to get in. I shyly step into the ambulance and sit close to Error. I see Nightmare giving me one of those 'Don't try anything funny!' looks. I acknowledge his expression and just simply nod and give my attention back to Error, my former friend and former roommate. I see him wake up facing my direction and smile at me then pass out again. It took a solid hour to get to the hospital and when we arrived, they rushed him into a room beside Cross. I see Cross glare at me and then smile at Error and then glare back at me again. Nightmare gets up and explains to Cross what I did and his expression changed when he looked at me and I wanted to look away but I couldn't and boy was I glad I did because Cross mouthed the words 'Thank you' in what seemed to be a very grateful and sweet tone. All this thankfulness and accepting ends when Error wakes up. My eyes softened with joy and relief but that quickly fades away when Error looks at me.

"Hello? Is anyone here? Why is it so dark? I hear voices, but I don't see anyone."Error says.

"I'm here. I'm right here." I say to him.

"Blue?! Why are you here? Oh, I get it! You're here to finish me off aren't you!" He says in disgust.

Before I could actually tell him what I was doing anything, Nightmare fills him in instead.

"Oh. I'm sorry, Blue. Thank you for saving my life. If it weren't for you, I would've been dust."

"Well, it's obvious I didn't have to but, I know I love to be an ass to you three and the JR I just couldn't see someone become dust in such a way, so, I had to save you."

"Again I say thank you." Error weakly sits up and hugs me and I hug him back with a smile.

Nightmare walks over and he looks me in the eyes. It was as if he was staring straight through me until he smiled and joined in the hug. I think all is fine until Nightmare starts to speak. "Blue, I know you like to annoy and pull pranks on the JR organization, so, what about joining the Meme Squad?" He asks me. "Cross and I have already came to an agreement. And we think you'll be a perfect member. Your smarts and knowledge of the JR can help us pull awesome pranks. So, what do you say?"

"I say....... yes! I'd love to!"

Nightmare's P.O.V
I'm really glad the Blue, of all people, would save Error from that fire. But, the only question that we have now is that, where are we going to live? Blue says he has a house big enough for the four of us and, he'll let us stay there until the Meme Hut is finished being rebuilt. Now I gotta admit, the house was pretty nice. It had an Xbox that we can play Minecraft on and like he said, it was big enough for the four of us. Blue puts Error in one of the beds and tucks him in nice and cozy. I'm glad Blue is a better person now. I don't know what would've happened if he didn't come at all. I don't wanna even think about it. All that matters is that Error is alive and well. Yes. That's all that matters. Unfortunately, the doctors are saying that Error will never fully recover and needs glasses. Bummer.