2

Naruto leaned forward on Kurama’s back as he surveyed the land. He kept a look out for any signs of human life on the island and any Viking ships on the coast.

‘Are we close?’ He asked looking at the trees they were flying over.

‘Yes, it's just over this patch of trees.’ Kurama replied.

Naruto looked forward as they soared over the patch of trees Kurama mentioned. Kurama was flying a straight path towards the mountains when a thought suddenly occurred to him.

‘Wait, lets land at the base of the mountains.’ Naruto hurriedly said.

Kurama glanced at naruto confused but landed nonetheless.

‘What do you have in mind,’ Kurama asked him as he let Naruto off his back.

‘We can't just fly into their camp and just expect them to listen to us. These dragons are bound to be distrustful of humans, so we need to take a different approach to this. And being who you are i'm pretty sure rumors of you have spread around so we need them to see you in a different light than just a bloodthirsty monster. Flying into their home won't accomplish this as your pretty intimidating.’ Naruto explained to his dragon.

Kurama begrudgingly nodded, but just because he agreed doesn't mean he liked it.

‘What did you have in mind?’ Kurama asked his rider.

Naruto grinned and told Kurama of his plan.

****
All dragons operated the same when dealing with threats and that was to attack. However, Naruto proposed that they use another trait of dragons to their advantage.

Curiosity

So the plan was for Kurama to go around and attract the attention of the most curious of the flock.

After that Kurama and Naruto would demonstrate they were no threat. And while the attracted dragon was watching it would go and alert his or her flock members.

Kurama was hiding behind a cluster of bushes to hide his small body. He was scanning around the various species of dragons looking for one to lead away from the pack, before he spotted a particular dragon.

It was a Night Fury.

And a peculiar one two if the color had anything to say about it. The youngling was a dark grey darting brom its tale and it started to get lighter and lighter until it was white with a tint of grey in it towards its head. Humans had it all wrong about dragons most of all Night furies the damn things were the most curious dragons in the world in Kurama’s opinion.

It didn't help that they were so damn adorable.

With his target in mind Kurama slinked forward and commenced his part of the plan.

****
Grayscale was duly staring into the sky wondering what had he done in his past life to deserve such a miserable life. He had come to be in the strange flock led by no one when he and his mother were cast out of their home.

Because of him.

Because he was different.

It had gotten them cast out of his home and it resulted in his mother’s death not too long ago.

He just wished he wasn't him.

A rustling of bushes to his right startled him from his thoughts and he jumped up in a defence position, crouched low to the ground claws extended and teeth bared.

Just like his mother taught him.

‘Who’s there?’ he growled out, but received no answer.

He sniffed the air and was met with the foreign scent of a strange dragon. He cautiously slide forward and looked into the bushes where he heard the sound.