C H A P T E R | 8

Previously...

"Holy crap!" I shouted before I could stop myself, everyone instantly looked in my direction on command when I spoke. I began to pace back and forth going over the knew thoughts in my head. What was I going to tell the boys home I lived in?! I didn't particularly like that place, but I was a resident and I didn't want them to be concerned about some kid they barely thought had a personality that went missing. They would call the cops and that would lead to a big fiasco and I would get into big trouble once I did return! Holy crap! Holy crap! Holy crap!

"What? What's wrong?" Clint asked as he stood from his seat.

"Since you know my living arrangement, what are we going to tell them?!?" I practically yelled in panic over to Tony. He only blinked before grinning wildly.

"Kid, settle down. I told, I got this. Everything has been handled. Now, do you want to see your room?"

Present...

"Are you sure. That everything is good?" I asked once again as we walked through the tower. It's not as if I wanted to go back, but I wouldn't just disappear. I felt the nerves begin to build up each time I asked. Uneasy at the fact I didn't know what was going on. They all looked at me in a exasperated way for what felt like the 100th time since I woke up.

Listen kid, I promise I've sorted it all out." Tony tried once agin to reassure me. I stared at him for a minute in deep thought. What did he do? I know he's Tony Stark! But even he can't just randomly steal a kid and return him whenever he wanted like some rental car. That's just not how it worked, however, I wouldn't doubt with his influence it could be exactly like that somewhere.

"So what did you do?" I asked instead focusing in on him.

"I simply told them that you had been chosen out of many applicants who had applied for the position as my new intern and you simply never mentioned it because you didn't think you'd get it. I just slipped in my name and what we'd be doing  and the rest was kinda history. They only expect an update weekly on your current state of wellbeing and a phone call from you. With J.A.R.V.I.S help, it should be a synch to pull off. So relax, take a seat and get comfortable. You'll be here for awhile, especially if Loki continues to be an ass" Tony finished, getting a small slap to the back of the head curtesy of Steve who mumbled out a small 'language' before giving me a smile. 

I let out a long awaited sigh as the weight was lifted off my chest. He had handled it. I felt relief from the small reassurance as I slowly made my way over to the couch. Taking my seat on the furthest end away from the others. Watching them casually go about their business. Tony and Steve spoke to one another quietly for a minute before looking over at me.

"Come on Peter, we'll show you to your room so you can settle in." Steve spoke. Not having an intelligent answer to repeat back after my mild panic I moved to follow after them with a nod. I hurried around the side of the couch with a small jog to keep pace with their larger strides as I did so. Walking right up into the elevator as we did. Steve and Tony talking silently to themselves after Tony gave J.A.R.V.I.S an order. I stared down at the ground taking in the outfit chosen quickly for me after I had woken up. It was a little big, most likely picked up for convenience than anything else. It was a long sleeve shirt with green and blue strips sleeves. The shirt was green everywhere else besides the cute kid version of a blue three eyed monster you'd see in a story book or cartoon. While his boxers had been replaced with a pair of jeans. I still didn't have any shoes or socks, allowing my bare feet to fell the chilled surface to the floor. Regardless of childish attire of the outfit, I was thankful to be out of the largely oversized t-shirt and boxers that didn't fit. Id rather be fitted in a outfit that was closer to fitting than an outfit that made me look like I was swimming in my clothes.