3 - little girlfriends

TWO WEEKS LATER

I text Beth a lot. Like, a whole lot. She’s probably my favorite person to text. We just talk about the most random things and it always puts me in a good mood. Sometimes, she takes a long time to respond. She’ll always apologize, telling me that she had a bad migraine. I hate it for her. I hate that her migraines give her such a hard time.

“What do you think about me and Beth?” I ask Luke. He’s laying down on the couch with his eyes closed.

Harper called about an hour ago to tell us that they’re in Sydney today. Michael and Calum offered to go pick them up from their hotel and bring them back to Luke’s house. When Liz heard about this, she freaked out. She’s been wanting to meet the girls ever since she found out we’d be touring with them. She always calls them our “little girlfriends” even though none of us are dating. 

“I think you should go for it,” He says positively.

“Seriously? But you don’t like her or anything?” I ask timidly. He sits up then and laughs at me.

“Ashton, listen. Beth and I talk a lot, almost as much as you two. But I’d never like her like that, I just don’t see her that way. Besides, I have Sarah. Remember?” He giggles.

Sarah's a girl he met back in LA and they’re trying to do long distance. They went on a couple dates, but I don’t know much about her. He never talks about her which is kind of odd.

“Right. Okay, cool. I think I may talk to her about it today,” I smile to myself.

I get a text from Beth and almost squeal out loud. For some reason, we always end up playing “Would You Rather”. We’ll ask each other the weirdest things. She complains that my questions always involve bananas. Like, would you rather only eat bananas for the rest of your life or never be able to eat one again. It seemed difficult to me, but I found out that she doesn't appreciate bananas like I do.

Beth: would you rather see me today or wait until your tour? Hahahaha

She hasn't stopped talking about the tour, that’s in a few months, ever since she found out. I’m so happy for their band, they deserve the opportunity. Plus, I’ll get to spend more much needed time with her.

Me: TODAY PLEASE

Beth: good cause I’m outside :D

“They’re here!” I exclaim to Luke. We both get up and start running to the door and outside of the house.

“What’s up, losers?” Taylor shouts as she gets out of the car. Her short legs run quickly over to Luke and I. We both have to lean over a little to hug her, but I don’t mind.

“We missed you guys,” I smile, messing up her hair. Her hands fly to her hair and she gapes at me. I walk away before she can yell at me.