I Don't Want To Be Me Anymore

Belladonna's point of view

My eyes watched the girl strictly, curious about what her next move would be. Though my words were out of pure frustration, I did want to see how she would act upon them. Surely they threw her off. In no way was I upset with her, but my actions have always been controlled by my temper no matter who they were towards. A toxic trait of mine.

The girl stood still, nearly frozen. Her trust with me was not where I wanted it. As many times as I told her I would never harm her, in any way, she still held some resistance. That's not what I wanted. I wanted the girl to seek protection in me. Safety in me. Even more than that. However, there was no way I'd ever admit it.

Something about her pulled at me in a way I had never felt before. She was dangerous. Should be locked up and kept away. No one could find out about her. If so it would be the very beginning of my tragic downfall.

It petrified me once the realization hit. Much like I had done to her.

Now it was my turn to get her to relax.

"Come, I want to show you something," I changed the subject keeping in mind the goal I had.

The girl's face held a confused expression. Surely my indecisiveness was troubling her.

I took Dianely downstairs, and through the front doors of the castle. We walked towards the stable. Before she could get excited I did inform her that we were not here to visit her pesky friend. I'm gonna end up having to dispose of him soon with or without her consent.

He was a threat. A nuisance.
He had the upper hand. If he was gone, I wouldn't have to worry as much.

I made sure to lead Dianely around the opposite side of the stables. A side I believe Ezekiel hadn't taken her on. There, was a small section separated from the rest. Almost hidden.

As the tiny winged horses came into sight, her face lit up. The ever so warm feeling poured throughout my body seeing how excited she got. Yes, something else. Another thing to earn her admiration. I was starting to run out of time. Once the snow falls, if her heart is cold towards me, I may just have to consider taking Ambrosia up on her proposal.

"They have babies!" She shouted and ran fast towards the foals.

There were four in total. Barely two days old. Three all black with white patches above their nose. One speckled and a little more rambunctious than the rest.

Dianely's hand petted over each foal as they pranced happily around her. Her attention had eventually focused on the speckled foal. He hopped around her, please at the affection he was earning.

"He's yours if you'd like," I spoke to her as I rested my hands on the short gate.

She turned to me first excited and then confused.

"Do you not like him?" I asked, concerned I had offered her something she wasn't fond of.

"No, it's not that I just..." she paused. "Why?"

"Why?" I asked.

Normally when offered a gift you don't reply with 'why'.