Chapter Two

Flashback
She had drunk something, not sure what. She didn't just sit and read books about drinks. But wasn't drunk or drugged. So that's good. She gathered her the skirt of her dress, waltzing over to the dance floor.

She felt hands reach out and touch her hips and her hand, bringing it up. She placed her free hand on the mans shoulder, finally looking up. She felt shock go through her, but she didn't react, she was fine with this.

Alvar took her around the room, spinning and dipping her when he so felt like it. When the music dropped to a lower song, he leaned over and whispered in her ear, "Let's go somewhere private." She lowered her eyes, but nodded anyway.

Sge knows that this might damage her relationship with Fitz, but she was falling out of lust with that fuck boy. Too delicate.

Alvar tugged on her hand, flashing in and out of sight, dragging her outside of the huge ballroom they were previously in. She followed, slightly stumbling over her feet.

He came over to where a small forest was, leaning behind a tree out of sight from the ballroom.

Sophie finally looked at him fully, taking in his sharp features and guarded eyes, softening when placed on her. She trailed her eyes down, bring her hands up to his coat and tracing the detail of the stitching of some random designs.

Alvar snaked his hands around her waist bringing her to his chest. She gasped, not expecting the move but not backing down.

They hadn't said anything, nor did they for a few minutes, just taking each other in and breathing the same air.

Sophie was the first to break the comfortable silence, clearing her throat. "So... Why did you bring me here?" Her voice was rough from not speaking in a while, not to mention her throat drying up.

She didn't know why she was here. She hadn't seen him since a few months ago, and they had been mutual and talked her and there despite his group, the Neverseen, wanting to kill her and her group, and her group, the Blackswan, wanting to imprison them. She knew they would both be in trouble if anyone found out, for she is literally having feelings for the enemy.

Her eyes widened, for she had never thought of it. She didn't say it even to herself, that this beautiful, hunking hot flesh was her new crush. Sorry Fitz.

He only shook his head before tangling his hand in her hair, pressing his lips onto his.

She gasped, not expecting the move before melting in, accepting it.

End of flashback

Silence. She was certain that he had blocked his mind when his emotions were suddenly thrown at her.

Rage, anger and sadness was filling mind.

Her body.

Her heart.

'You did what now?' he asked in a scary silent voice. She couldn't bear it. She shouldn't have said anything. Everything would have been fine if she had kept it a secr- 'No, everything wouldn't be fine if you didn't tell me.' He cut her off.

Shit. Had he let him hear all of her thoughts? She pushed her mental shields, making sure he could hear her thoughts.

She was freaking out. She took deep breaths; in, hold and out. She calmed down and her heart beat slowed to a normal pase. She noticed that while she was calming down Fitz had cut off contact with her. Well that went as wonderful as she had imagined.

She didn't know how much longer she could take of his utter rage and an-

*knock knock knock*

Sophie groaned and muttered a weak "come in" before her father, Grady, walked in.