Chapter 8

Erikas pov

I was going down the elevator. A worker that I learned was on my side was taking me to lunch. His name was Dexter. He was super cool. He liked rock and alternative music and he knew what it was like to lose someone. He told me this story about how they killed his daughter on her fourteenth birthday.

Let's just say that makes me nervous, considering I'm turning 13 tomorrow.

The doors opened and I was greeted by the mess hall that I've been eating at for the past month.

Dexter and I got in line and waited.
Today's menu is Mac 'n' cheese and hot dogs. Cliché.

I got my food and sat at an empty table. Dexter came to join me. Soon Maddi found her way to me as well.

Soon there was another girl who sat next to us. She smiled.

I've seen her before. But where?

I thought back as hard as I could to remember that face. Then it clicked.

I remembered Declan's death. She was there. She was being held prisoner with us.

"Ember?" I asked.

She nodded. "Can't believe it took you that long to figure it out."

Maddi cut in, "Do you know each other?"

"When my adoptive brother was killed," I began, "She was being held prisoner with us. This is Ember."

She gave a small wave and I smiled. So did dexter, "Hello, Ember. I'm Dexter. Don't worry about me. I'm on your side."

She gave a small grin. Then, Maddi introduced herself. "I'm Maddi. I'm actually just a crazy wackjob fangirl with a bit of power."

I grinned at her remark.

Just then, Laura walked in and grabbed me by the sleeve. "Come with me." She growled.

She led me into the hall. What did I do? What's happening?

We arrived at a door.

She threw me in The room and tied me in the chair. "WHAT DOD YOU DO?!"

"What? I don't know?"

"DONT PLAY DUMBASS WITH ME, LITTLE MISSY!!"

"What are you talking about?"

"IM TALKING ABOUT YOU ALLERTING THE ALLIANCE!!! THEYRE GOING AROUND HELPING THE CHILDREN OF THE ELEMENTS ESCAPE!! AND I KNOW YOU HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT. So let me ask you again. WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO?!?!"

I didn't answer. At least I have hope that someone is going to help us.

"Not gonna answer?" She turned to a guard "Take her to the chamber. No food or water for 3 days. Hourly whipping."

"What? No. Please."

"I'll see if you really don't know by doing this honey. So shut the fuck up." With that, the guard grabbed me and led me down the halls to the chamber.

----a/n----

WTF WHOS DA ALLIANCE?!?! You'll see l8r. oh yeah next chapter is probably gonna be Elsas pov cuz I haven't done her in a while. anyway shout out to heeheedragon97 fore tying me use your characters and use your own name!!!! You rock

I love you my carcrashovercastyoungbloods

-Emily aka foblvr