Prologue: Stolen

~Year of 3057~

I was 5 when they took me. I was 'stolen'. Back then I couldn't tell the difference between being kidnapped vs being bought. All I can remember to this day was hearing my mother's scream and lots of crying... I mean lots. There was yelling and screams, I was tossed into a car before I could even think of what's happening. Soon late to heard bangs which to now, gunshots.

I was tossed into a small cage that I fit in just barely before they locked me up. I was only able to sit up and lay down. Being stuck in there for one smelt horrible, yells and screams echoed around me as men and women both begged to be set free. Boys and girls crying and me sitting there...not upset...not crying...but sitting there doing nothing. Absolutely nothing.

The dark roomed smelt of blood, dirt and sweat. More things I'm sure but I can't remember them. I can't remember a lot of things. I can't remember my name, my fathers hands when he held me, my mothers eyes when she soothes me. Nothing.

The girl next to me has been dragged out multiple times because of her non-stop sobbing. She came back every time 'asleep'. Knocked out cold her back warm with a thick substance and bruises along her neck and arms.

I was only dragged out once. Due to the question I asked. 'Where am I'. I was dragged into a cement room whipped and kicked multiple times. At the end I was told to keep my mouth shut and submit to slavery. Being 5 I listened even though it was hard not to cry, not to whimper, not to speak. I was knocked out and thrown into my cage. Never speaking another word nor sound again.

I was only 5 and they still gave me the same punishment as an adult man that left him trembling and me traumatized. The only thing that calmed me down was thunderstorms. They were the only thing you could hear inside there. There were no windows, no doors but the one that lead outside, no vents, not air conditioning. Nothing.

Now as I sit in a bigger cage with the same people around me shearing nothing but shorts and a big T-shirt I have realized not just now but 7 years ago; That I bought. My mother hadn't realized until they came and took me away, my dad mumbling a sorry and my mom trying to get me back as I was their only child.

My names Ayra, and I was 'Stolen'.