twenty2- Little Spoon

Early update because Thanksgiving is this week and I'll be busy.
Happy (early) Thanksgiving! Thank you so much for reading (:

Valeria

From BFF: you got this bich. Remember to breathe and that you're Valeria FKING Haas. u don't take shit from anybody (besides me)

Me: I'm Valeria Haas, I can breathe and I don't take shit from anybody besides you. Got it.

A week has gone by since I overheard the conversation between Jace and Zoe. It was about time I grow some balls and confront him -about Zoe and Harry.

It wasn't that I was avoiding him for a straight week, I may have dodged his calls and the occasion hiding away at school. But I see it as a self-reflection time. I needed to get my shit together. I created a week planner. It goes a little something like this:

Monday- Spontaneously go straight home from school and study till your brain turns into noodles. ✓

Tuesday- Ace the exam because your life depends on it. ✓

Wednesday- Take a 5-hour nap ✓

Thursday- Talk to Jace. (note to self: tell him about Harry first you dumb ho)

Friday- No school. Hang out with Bradley (note to self: ditch his ass if he starts moaning to Peppa pig remakes)

Weekend- Sleep.

It was a surprise, really, for me to even manage to study. Despite how sleep deprived I felt, I was overwhelmingly happy that I finished all of my exams. Graduation is coming around the corner, as well as college acceptances.

I tried my best to not think about Harry. I had more important things to take care of. Like he said it himself, there's no need for us to see each other.

Maybe I underestimated the effect that Harry got on me. Maybe it hurt me more than I thought but there's nothing I can do now but to get over it. Besides, he probably walked out on hundreds of girls, I'm no different. I'm not special.

"Hi Val," Jace startled me. "You're zoning out there." He smiles and takes a sit in front of me. I decided to meet him at a coffee shop near my house. Just in case this conversation would end horribly, at least the drive won't be long.

"Sorry," I mumbled. "Hi, Jace."

The awkward silence takes over leaving the chattering of others around us and the strong coffee scent in the air. I land my eyes on the table where I have my keys and phone.

Jace clears his throat. "So, what's going on? I haven't heard from you for days."

"Uhh," I stutter. God this is awkward. "I know this is going to make me sound crazy and stalkerish but. . ."

Jace looks at me, completely lost. "So like, I sort of-" My brain is addled. How do I break it to someone that I eavesdropped on their conversation?  "I saw you with Zoe at the Thai place."

"Oh," he breathes. "Look, it's not what you think it is."

"I know- I mean, I don't know but this is why I wanted to talk to you," I clear my throat, diverting my eyes to the table again. "I also overheard your conversation with her. . . I know it's not my place."

"It's not," he snaps and my eyes travel back to his. It was the first time that Jace had snapped or raise his voice at me. I was shocked but tried my best to stay calm.

"Well, I did and I am sorry," I say stunned. "But I just want to know if there was something going on between you two? She told me that you guys broke up sophomore year and it just was a completely different story from your conversation with her."