Chapter 2: Vale of Tears

⊹🂡₊┈ㆍ♟ㆍ┈ㆍ♘ㆍ┈ㆍ♜ㆍ┈ㆍ♙ㆍ┈ㆍ♞ㆍ┈ㆍ♖ㆍ┈₊🂡⊹══ •⊰♣⊱• ══════ •⊰♥⊱• ══════ •⊰♠⊱• ══════ •⊰♦⊱• ══

══ •⊰♣⊱• ══════ •⊰♥⊱• ══════ •⊰♠⊱• ══════ •⊰♦⊱• ══

Alice's P.O.V:

I woke up from a beam of light burning my eyes. I slowly opened my eyes and moved my hair from my face. 'Time for another same day in this hell house' I thought. I got up and got ready for the day. Maybe if I'm lucky me and misty can secretly go out in the city. I opened my door and I saw Dr. Bumby and a few nurses in a rush. "What is the meaning of this Miss Brevil?" he asked.

"Sir we don't know, Lady Dimitrov wouldn't wake up after calling her name"

WHAT!? No not Misty? What is wrong with Misty? She was perfectly fine yesterday last night. I decided to follow them to Misty's room without being seen. What has happened to Misty? My Misty? "Has she gotten a fever?"

"No doctor, Not too warm, nor steamed, But Cold. Her skin sickly white like a corpse. We checked for a heartbeat. Still beating, but she could never wake up"

"It something I never seen Doctor? Shall we alert Mr. and Mrs. Dimitrov?"

"No! Adelaide would never hear the end of it, Blaming me for having their daughter stay in a institution. We will keep this from everyone until we find the solution"

"What about the Boy? He's quite grown a bond with the miss?"

"Mr. Liddell has no right to know, Not yet at least."

As they left Misty room, I came around the corner and I saw her. My Misty. She looks like a corpse. Maybe a beautiful one still gifted by her beauty. I felt my heart gone cold and stop. I was going to loose her. Like I lost my family. Without Misteria I'm nothing but loon. I cant bare to watch her in that state.

I got out of my mind state and saw the nurses and Bumby leave. To make sure they left by the corner of the hall I snuck my way in Misty's room closing the door gently. There I saw her. My beautiful Misteria. How beautiful yet terrifying state she is. 'Why her? Out of all of London, why her!? Misteria is the sweetest and purest of this bloody city, why take her life'

I grabbed onto her small hand. Cold, but no warmth. It hurts me that I wont feel her warmth. "Hang on Misty, I haven't broken my promise to you. Hang on". Suddenly footstep echo through the walls. I quickly kissed Misty's Hand and left the room quickly. All I can do was pray for Misty.

_Time Skip_
⊹🂡₊┈ㆍ♟ㆍ┈ㆍ♘ㆍ┈ㆍ♜ㆍ┈ㆍ♙ㆍ┈ㆍ♞ㆍ┈ㆍ♖ㆍ┈₊🂡⊹

It took a month. A whole month. It is now December 3rd. Dr. Bumby and the nurses did everything they can to bring back Misteria. Turns out she fell into a coma. I visited Misty everyday, talking to her, holding her, Grooming her hair, reading her favorite books. All you hear with the wind and a friendly yet uninvited silence. Watching one of the nurses tend Misteria I decided to go up to the roof top. I needed to clear my mind. I opened the door to the roof as I was greeted by Nurse Witless as her usual feeding the pigeons.