Chapter 5- First Year

"You ready?" Dora asked, Harry and Ara nodded.
"Come on Ron" Ara turned around, Ron was walking towards them with his family. Mrs Weasley was ushering them along. "Tonks, dear, it's good to see you" Mrs Weasley hugged her. "Ara! It's good to see you too honey" Mrs Weasley hugged her too. Ara and Dora smiled. But the eleven year olds smile faded when Ron came up to her.
"Look Ara, I'm sorry. I was rude. I really am sorry" Ron told her, Ara smiled.
"It's alright. I probably shouldn't have hit you" she laughed lightly. Ron laughed too.
"Now come on you three or you'll miss your train" Dora told them. They all ran through the wall. Dora hugged Ara tight. Andromeda and Ted were working, so they couldn't come. Andromeda had gotten a job in the Three Broomsticks. She just wanted a job, she didn't care about the money. Also, she liked looking after people. One day she hoped to be a Healer. Dora kissed the top of Aras head.
"Bye Ara, love you" She smiled.
"Bye Dora, love you too" Ara got on the train. Harry grabbed her hand.
"Come on let's find a compartment" He told her, she nodded and they walked into an empty compartment. Within minutes of them sitting down Ron was at the door.
"Hey Ara do you mind if I join you and your friend?" He asked.
"Not at all" she smiled, Ron smiled too and sat down next to her. Harry smiled too.
"Harry this is Ron, Ron this is Harry" they shook hands.
"Wait are you Harry Potter?" Ron asked, Harry nodded. The Gingers face showed more shock than anything. Ara laughed and Harry looked embarrassed.
"Yeah" Harry replied, Ara smiled and rested her head on Harry's shoulder.
"Do you really have the scar?" He asked. Harry laughed and pulled up his fringe.
"Wicked" Ron responded.
"Anyway Ara I don't think you've met Scrabbers, well this is my rat. Scrabbers. Percy gave him to me. Fred and George taught me this spell. It's supposed to turn him yellow" Ara and Harry nodded. Ron cleared his throat. His wand at the ready.
"Has anyone seen a toad? A boy named Nevilles lost one. Oh are you doing magic let's see then" she smiled, Ron seemed taken back but he once again cleared his throat.
"Sunshine daisies butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat yellow" Ron flicked his wand at the rat, but nothing happened. Ara giggled under her breath as did Harry. Hermione rolled her eyes.
"Are sure that's a real spell?" She asked. "Of course I've only tried a few simple spells myself but they've all worked for me" she walked in and sat next to Ron and opposite Harry. "Oculus Reparo" Harry's glasses fixed themselves. Ron and Harry gasped, Ara smiled.
"Nice" she broke the silence.
"Thanks" Hermione smiled at her.
"Who even are you?" Ron scowled at her. Hermione looked at him, she gave him a half glare.
"Hermione Granger, and you are?"
"Ron Weasley"
"Ara Black"
"Harry Potter" Hermione gasped. Ara laughed lightly and lay her head on Harry's shoulder.
"Oh my! The Harry Potter! I know all about you of course, I've read all about you. You're in Great Wizarding Events of the Twentieth Century, The Downfall of the Dark Lord and so many others!" Ron rolled his eyes, Harry looked kind of freaked out and Ara smiled. Harry put his arm around Ara.
"Get out" Ron growled.
"Fine, bye Ara, at least you seem nice"
"Bye" Ara responded, and waved to her as she walked out.
"Now she's gone, how did you two meet?" Ron asked.
"Well our parents used to be friends then they lost touch, well they died" Ara told him. Ron sighed.
"I didn't realise your parents died Ara, I thought they just couldn't look after you or something. I'm sorry"
"It's fine" she smiled. Soon enough they arrived at school, dressed in their robes. Ara went in a boat with Harry and Ron. They both smiled at her as they  walked in. Ara grabbed Harry's hand as McGonagal began to talk.
After she finished Draco spoke up.
"So it's true, Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts" he smirked, everyone began to whisper. Ara turned around to face her cousin. "Hey Ara" he smiled.
"Hi Dray"
"Anyway Potter you've made one good choice with friends but that ginger dweeb isn't good for you. I am the perfect friend to have. My names Draco Malfoy" he stuck out his hand. Ron sniggered. "Think my names funny do you, there's no need to ask yours. Red hair and a hand-me-down robe. You must be a Weasley!" Ron looked embarrassed.
"Shut it Draco" Ara scowled.
"I think I like my friends perfectly well thank you" Harry smirked, Draco walked off scowling.
After the sorting finished Harry, Ron and Ara all chatted happily. Hermione sat there upset. Ara wanted to talk to her but Harry and Ron were to busy engulfing her in conversation.
By the end of the feast a ginger haired boy with ugly looking glasses was leading them to their common room.
"That's my brother Percy, he's a real nerd and a stickler to the rules" Ron told them, Harry and Ara nodded.
Eventually it was late so they all went to bed. Ara smiled at Hermione.
"Hey" she smiled, sitting on the edge of the curly haired girls bed. Hermione looked back at her confused.
"Hi?" She replied, confusion filled her voice.
"Look, I want to be friends" an even bigger smile on her face.
"Thanks but..." Hermione smiled, nerves evident.
"No buts, we're now best girl friends forever" Ara smiled and stuck out her hand. The curly haired girl laughed and they shook on it.