ONE

River Gomez still isn't well adjusted to being in the spotlight. One would think she has adjusted due to having an older sibling who's famous and seeing it firsthand. It's a lot different when it's you on the frontlines compared to being in the shadow of someone else. But she isn't, and she may not ever get used to having her every move posted on every social media platform or watching her choice of words in public. But even so, she's grateful for what she's accomplished so far. Even if the constant interviews, acting gigs, and jet lag kick her ass, River never lets it stop her from pursuing her dreams. No matter how much she wants to quit right then and there, she has family and her love for the arts to remind her why she does what she does.

The 21-year-old singer has been up early this morning to get ready for an interview today. Usually, she goes alone, but today her older sister, Zendaya, is coming along. Now, they weren't biologically related by any means. But after the passing of River's mother, she was taken in by Zendaya's family as a teenager. They had already grown up together since they were all in diapers, so the new adjustment of her permanently moving into their home hadn't been a problem for any of them. It only made her connection with those she considered her second family even stronger.

"You didn't have to come with me for this, you know? I know you've got a lot of stuff going on," River tells her, finishing up her hair and makeup.

"I know, but I wanted to," she says. "I did promise you that I'd come to your next interview, didn't I?" River gives a quick nod.

"And you know I never break my promises," she reminds her before standing up, placing a gentle hand on River's shoulder. "I'm always going to be there for you, no matter what," she assures her.

River can't recall when she's ever broken a promise she's made. Zendaya was great at keeping promises. And if it did come to a point where she'd have to break it, then the brunette would always find a way to make it up to the individual.

River takes a seat next to her. A comforting silence envelops them but gets interrupted when Zendaya speaks up again. "When was the last time you were on a date?"

She picks her phone out of her jeans pocket. The younger girl glances at the brunette and then back at the phone in her hand.

"I don't know, like six months ago. Why do you want to know?" She mutters, not understanding the sudden interest in this topic.

Zendaya shrugs. "No reason; I'm just curious. That's all."

Eyeing her suspiciously, she said, "If you're setting me up with some random girl again, you can think again."

"She wasn't even that bad, River," the older girl uttered.

River shoots her a glare. "Yes, the fuck it was. That bitch fucking bit me!" She exclaims.

"Nobody said you had to fuck her, though, River. So who's fault is that? Yours."

"Okay, but it wasn't my fault that she doesn't know how to fuck good! That was all her," she argues, looking at her. "Don't get me started on what happened at the restaurant."

The pair cringe at the horrible memory as they look back on the blind date Zendaya set up. "Yeah, okay, I see what you mean. Well, what about you and Sabrina? That would be cute." Zendaya smirks at the girl beside her.

Quickly shooting the suggestion down, she groans. "I already told you it's not going to happen. She doesn't even like me like that."

"She does, though, River. You're both just too blind to see that," she replies, ardent over the feelings of the two. The day Sabrina returns her feelings is the day Hell freezes over, and as delusional as River may act, both are highly unlikely to happen.

"Whatever you say." She sighs, standing up. "Now come on, I don't want to be late. My car or yours?"

"Your car is better, so..." she replies, dragging off mid-sentence.

"But we have the same car," River mumbles. The pair gathers their belongings before walking down the staircase.

"Your car is more comfortable than mine, though," Zendaya says, going down the steps.

"As I said, it's the same damn car. The only thing different is the color of it." She follows behind her, not really understanding Zendaya's reasoning behind her decision.

"Okay, so what?" Her sister shoots back.

"So, you don't make any sense," River replies, treading down the steps.

"Yes, I do. And Algee would agree with me too," she says matter-of-factly.

River giggles at the mention of their best friend, missing him dearly. "He wouldn't, though."

"Whatever, now come, I want something from Starbucks," she says, walking to the door. "I'm driving, by the way!" she calls out, grabbing River's keys on her way out the front door.

River shakes her head at the older girl before locking up and heading to her car. She laughs at seeing her sister dance ridiculously to a song on the radio.