.1.

Betty's POV

I stood in my hallway flabbergasted after being shouted to go downstairs for the tenth time by Polly. Barely recognisable he stood opposite me wearing black ripped jeans his signature S t-shirt a black leather jacket and of course, his crown beanie. he wasn't a little boy anymore, he had developed a jawline, his Adam's apple was more defined. he was gorgeous. plain and simple. 

mentally, I scolded myself for how I looked, I had grey sweatpants on and a white vest top which has a rip along the of it after I caught it on the washing machine door a few nights ago. I had my slippers on, veronica and Kevin call them granny slippers but I think they're cute. my hair was wet and a mess and I didn't even have a bra on. I was an all-around mess. 

after I acknowledged he was there I heard my mum cough which snapped me out of my daze I looked up and smiled at jughead, he smiled back and put his hand out for me to shake but we were never the type of people to shake hands unless the person is important. I raised my eyebrow at the gesture and pulled him into a hug. 

"bit formal isn't it?" I chuckled. 

I'm pretty sure we stood there hugging each other tightly for around a half-hour, in which my head was kissed several times and when we pulled away I realised how cold I was, I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the house were we sat around the dinner table and caught up, none of us really cared what had happened in the past 7 years but it was polite, wasn't it?

after a while my mother asked jughead and Gladys where they were staying as it was obvious from the way she spoke about fp they weren't going to the trailer on the southside, Gladys told us they were staying in a hotel for a week until their house was ready. 

uncertain her house would be ready in a week because its always more my mum offered jughead and Gladys to stay until their house would have been ready. 

what was she doing I thought, there aren't enough rooms and I'm not sharing my room with anyone, and I mean anyone. I don't care. 

"alright well goodnight everyone, I'm off to bed," I spoke up and gave everyone a hug gaining a kiss on the head of jughead making her smile. 

i threw my pillows off of my bed and onto the floor, set my alarm for 6:30 and got under my sheets. in ten minutes i was almost asleep until i heard a soft knock and my door open, i sat up slightly and noticed it was jughead making me smile. 

"what's up jug?" the nickname just rolling off my tongue. 

"im not trying to make this awkward because i know this is the first time we've seen each other in 7 years but your mum told me to sleep in here, she didnt specify where but ill make a bed in the corner or something. i just thought i should let you know so you dont have a heart attack in the morning." he smiled 

jughead sleeping in my room? why am i ok with this when before i wouldnt even have Polly in here. and i shocked myself even more with the next thing that came out of my mouth 

"jug, dont bother making a bed on the floor when theres one here. just get in here."

he scratched the back of his neck making his shirt raise up a little "are you sure?" 

"of course." i said

he stood there for ten minutes looking awkward and when i asked he told me it wasnt because he didnt want to get in bed with me because he had wanted an excuse to spoon me for a long time which i laughed off and told him it wouldnt be happening. he told me its because he doesnt wear pajamas he just sleeps in his boxers. 

not going to lie, at first i didnt want him in my bed knowing he was wearing no clothes then i realised, archie wouldnt find out so it would be ok. 

"juggie, its fine. come on." i smiled and turned over.

in 5 minutes i heard my door shut again and my bed dip. i was far too awkward and just pretended to be asleep thats until i felt him grab me and pull me into his side which felt nice. i turned myself - getting more comforable and my gead naturally moved into his neck making him kiss my forehead, that making me give him a light peck on the neck. 

soon after i kissed his neck i heard him sigh. 

"goodnight juggie." i whispered. 

"goodnight betts." he whispered back.

"ew dont call me that. i hate it." i told him

"guess ive found a new nickname for you." 

before i could open my mouth to argue that he shouldnt call me it he spoke 

"shut up and go to sleep before i let go of you and make you get comfortable on the oterside of the bed." 

that was enough to make me sleep but all i could think about was archie. me and jughead are just friends but im so much more happy than i am when im with archie. is this a sign? what do i do?

pray he doesnt see this.