.3.

December first came around quicker than anyone thought, jughead and Gladys were still staying at the coppers although betty didn't mind, it was annoying her a little. 

she felt as if she had no freedom like jughead was there on every corner waiting for her. 

after she broke up with Archie she realised she does have feelings for jughead but she didn't want to act on them, it was too soon and she wasn't one hundred per cent sure it was what she wanted. 

now two months later she was in love with him.  hopelessly and endlessly. 

jughead has tried and tried to make something happen between the two of them but betty wanted to wait until school. so they would secretly share kisses now and then but nothing else.

the thing about jughead is he's competitive, he had never liked a girl in the way he liked betty but he knew he wanted her and he didn't care what he had to do. 

what he had to do is wait, until December first

Bettys pov

the three beeps of the alarm woke me and that isn't a sound I've missed. I looked at the clock to make sure it was six and not seven, then I stared at jughead for a few minutes. 

I then decided I should get up, knowing boys don't take a lot of time to get ready I thought id let him sleep in. 

as it is the first day of senior year, I had to make an effort. everyone does. on a normal day, my hair would be in a ponytail, I would be wearing blue jeans and a random jumper. with no makeup on, I might add. can't forget my converse as well.

today was massively different, I climbed out of the warm bed and out of jugheads warm embrace, picked out an outfit which I thought suited the weather here in Riverdale, it's warm but is chilly and it will get cold later on. 

I wore a red skirt, that came above my knee and sat nicely on my thigh, paired it with a white blouse and my black knee-high boots. I looked everywhere for my white cropped jacket and found it underneath jugs clothes, I grabbed the coat and his t-shirt and put the coat on the arm of my chair and jugs shirt my draw.

before doing my makeup I needed to wash my face, eat and brush my teeth. 

as I always did, I ran downstairs and put some toast in the toaster, putting extra in for jughead, I ran back upstairs and quickly brushed my teeth and washed my face and ran back downstairs to butter the toast. I grabbed a pot and put some jam in it incase jug wanted it. I poured two coffees and myself a glass of water and took them upstairs. placed a coffee and jugheads breakfast on the bedside table, placed my water and toast on the dresser and gave my mum a coffee. which she was thankful for. 

as I came back to start eating and doing my makeup, I noticed jughead was awake.

"morning jug." I walked over kissing his cheek. "morning Betts." I smiled at him and continued getting ready. when I was done, I had a light brown smokey eye with bronze sparkles and a pair of lashes because it looked odd without them, a red lip and my hair was nicely curled. 

I was overdressed and very Christmassy compared to jug who was wearing a black shirt and black ripped jeans with converse. 

at eight-fifteen I was finally ready. "come on jug, we're going to be late." I grabbed his hand pulling him up grabbing my handbag with the other. "yeah well who's fault is that?" I gave him a look as if to say not me which he chuckled at.

"bye mum, love you" I shouted up to her and without waiting for a reply we left. 

we got to the bottom of the street before jug grabbed my hand. I'm not sure why it gave me butterflies when we've been sleeping next to each other for weeks but I liked the butterflies. 

once we got to school everyone was staring at jughead I mean, look at him. anyone in the right mind would. I can't lie, I got jealous. 

I grabbed jugs hand and dragged him to the office to get his timetable. 

after we figured out which lessons we had together the bell rang. we were in the same lessons except for pe.

we sat next to each other in every lesson which I thought was cute, in English we had to watch a documentary and it was the last lesson so I was quite grateful I could chill out for an hour.

around halfway through the documentary I became adjitated and uncomfortable which I think jug noticed because he grabbed my arm and pulled me in close then kissed my head. and I honestly have never felt happier, people started to look and whisper and it makes jug smirk.

once the bell rang we got up and left as we walked down the hallway people were staring at jug again. I was so jealous I stopped in the middle of the hallway. "what's up? why did you stop? people are staring im uncomfortable." I grabbed his face and kissed his lips. once we pulled away it felt like it did the first-ever time we kissed.

I don't know if it was because it was in front of everyone or not but I liked this feeling. 

jughead smiled at me "let's go." "let's go," I repeated and we walked out of the school with everyone staring at us a loving feeling in the air. this made today amazing.

ok, I lied. this was the best part, just me and jug in a booth at pops drinking milkshakes and eating fries, just laughing enjoying ourselves. the kisses we shared were magical it made it even better when Cheryl and Toni sat down, me being close with Cheryl so it wasn't awkward. 

the best unplanned double date I must say.

"ugh sorry to cut this short but I should probably get her home" jug said smiling after we said our goodbyes I left pops the happiest, just excited for tomorrow. excited for the future.