Chapter 3, The escape

As I left the building, there were about twenty men at the doorstep arguing. I had no idea what was going on, so I went back in and took some armor they made soon enough. Since our company made far more advanced armor, everyone knew that it was superior to theirs. I stepped out once again, looking at the men arguing, and turned to me and say, "What are YOU looking at young boy?!" I walked closer, slowly, as they pulled out their weapons and said, "Get lost, or we will make you..." One of them decided to pull the trigger and make my suit go into attack mode. Since I was so pissed, I decided to tell my suit, "Activate killer sequence." That is all it took, and my suit came down on all twenty men, with their weapons ineffective, leaving all twenty dead on the floor. 

          I deactivate the suit and compress it to put in my car. I get in and drive away as quickly as possible before the cops see anything that I did. The next week I come in, nobody suspects anything about those men, and Dr. Fassenheimer asks us all if we were alright, and tells the leader to double security in the building. We then start loading the ships with cabs and preserved supplies in case we ever evacuate. Once the rocket was completed and finalized we all celebrated and moved the rocket to the launch pad for immediate use if needed. I was so proud of it, the most advanced rocket in the world as of right now. 

          The next month came, and I went to Dr. Fassenheimer's house to have the new year's party with him. We had a good time, we ate, drank, and feasted to our happiest delights. We sat outside talking about what the world would become without all this technology, staring down on his nice view on the mountainside. We then sat for about five minutes, before a motorcade of quadcopters flew above us. Dr. Fassenheimer realized it was a paratrooper squad of the US army headed towards the Middle East. He then rushed everyone inside, as he saw fighter jets of another company fly towards it. 

          A massive skirmish started in the sky as I watched them. Quadcopter after Quadcopter fell from the bullets flying. It was funny to see them not care whatsoever about the surrounding civilians around them. As the skirmish ended, the quadcopter squad continued on, until suddenly the remaining five ships exploded in mid-air, leaving all casualties confirmed by the United States army. Dr. Fassenheimer sent me home and told me to enjoy the rest of the break while it was still there. I went home confused and shocked about the events that had just happened right in front of my eyes. 

          When the break was over, I felt good coming back for a moment, forgetting everything about the news around the world. Over the break, I had time to make a remote camera drone in case all hell broke loose, and I had to potentially leave this Earth, just as Dr. Fassenheimer's video had. The drone used the latest air and solar technology to stay in the air long enough whenever needed. I tested it out one of the break days by keeping it afloat on my apartment for one day. I came back to work, not knowing what to do since my project was done, but the leader told me to start testing out the weapons and the other items. 

          Another few days passed by, and I finished testing the weapons in the lab altogether. The weapons were amazing, meaning that we were way ahead of our time in terms of technology. On a Monday night, January 24, 2036, a major war broke out between the head company of Saudi Arabia and Egypt. The two sent millions of soldiers on hovercraft dangerously close to the energy orb, in full-scale combat. The live coverage was all over the news, and other nations with companies tried to scale the conflict down. Again, Dr. Fassenheimer panicked by the looks of this war. "IF BOTH of them start sending NUKES at each other, the orb could create a BLACK HOLE!!!" Everyone was shocked, all of a sudden it made sense. The orb could destroy all of humanity in one go. 

          Everyone started panicking, some workers went home to barricade, and some went to the underground bunker under the lab. Every company's office has a bunker for mass destruction, so most people went there for hiding. At this point, the live coverage was like a horror movie with millions of bodies lying near the island where the giant orb lay. The violence escalated so much, that missiles started flying all across the warships. The other companies and nations had already backed out, and in this result, it was the worst night the world had ever seen. As midnight drew near, I had no clue whether to go home or to stay at the lab. I grabbed all the materials I could salvage, and put them in my backpack. I grabbed the suit I designed and the weapon attachments I could as well. 

          Deciding where to go, I looked at the live coverage for the situation, and since the news anchor said it could be worldwide, I couldn't make a single decision until the large battle was over. The news lady stopped for a moment, and said, "we just got news both parties are sending nukes at each other, everybody who is watching, find cover as soon as possible." I looked over at Dr. Fassenheimer and told him, today is the day. He nodded, opened the craft, and initiated the launch sequence. Since it was intricate and complicated,  he took a while to be initiated. Then we looked at the TV in the lobby, and it showed for one moment two nukes colliding by the companies and hitting the orb.

          At that moment, he knew, he pushed me into the rocket doors, tossed me my things and my suit, and then closed it shut. As the cab slowly I looked on a screen inside the cab shuttle, and the news anchor was shown being evacuated and the last hover warships were being sunk near the orb. Dr. Fassenheimer signaled me that he would go to the bunker and abruptly left. There was one abandoned camera used to show the orb, but it only showed a side view. The orb sat there pulsating, and finally, it blew. As the ten-second countdown went off, an emergency alert came on my phone that said to stay indoors and that the orb sends out a lethal pulse that will surround the Earth in one minute. The rocket then hisses loudly, and pushes itself out into the air, quickly getting out of the orb's pulse. 

          As the pulse reached around the world, I got a bird's eye view of what happened next, and it was unbelievable. The pulse quickly shrank back and the orb collapsed, quickly pulsed one final strike and created a visible black hole as Dr. Fassenheimer said. I had no clue why I left him in the Earth to stay, but I was confident he is alive and knows what to do. As the rocket left orbit, the pulse canceled all power worldwide and left the world to turn emergency generators on. All I could do now is go forward deeper into space, headed towards the world set on my programmer radar.