aftermath

Katara & Zuko:

They woke up a day after the moon festival, back to their original time and in the same place they were when they first traveled back. They jumped up and went together to see what changed, as they were intrigued to see if something has. They met Aang first, he was with Toph, who was complaining again how she can't see in the ice. He smiled at Katara and Zuko when they sat down next to him and Toph.

"morning," he said happily. Toph grumbled something Katara couldn't make out, but she assumed it was something to show how angry the girl was for really being blind.

"Can you remind us what happened after we defeated the fire nation?" Zuko asked.

"subtle" Katara whispered. Aang and Toph both looked confused.

"um..." Aang said hesitantly, his face clouding up with confusion. His face then lit up and he looked at Zuko.

"did you defeat Azula yesterday? I mean, for us it's been three years, but I remember you two saying something about time-traveling into three years in your past" he said. Katara nodded to confirm his theory, he smiled.

"Okay, wow, well. Where do you want to start?" he asked.

"am I fire lord?" Zuko asked.

"yeah, you were crowned about a week after the comet, we were all there," Aang said.

"Are we together?" Katara asked. Aang looked confused.

"you and I? no, I'm with Toph, but I did have a slight crush on you for some time. It was only after the crystal caves that I realized nothing would ever happen between us. Toph helped me through that and we got together. We got engaged yesterday before the festival, you two were very happy for us" Aang said. Zuko and Katara looked at each other happily, one obstacle was down, only one to go.

"am I with Mai?" Zuko asked.

"who's Mai?" Aang and Toph asked together. They looked at each other, or how much Toph could look at him with blind eyes, and kissed. Katara really was happy for them, but if she wasn't with Aang, was she alone? Was she with Zuko?

"never mind, is he with me?" she asked. Aang smiled big, he seemed a bit silly, but the smile gave her a hint.

"you are. You got engaged at the summer festival six months ago. We were all there, including Sokka and Suki. They're already married, and I think Suki said she was expecting" Aang said. Katara gasped happily and hugged Zuko, her fiancé. It was weird to think about it, but she was sure she would get used to it quickly. Sokka and Suki, very much pregnant, sat next to them. They congratulated Aang and Toph, Suki had a hard time sitting down and Katara helped her.

"Katara, did you think about what I said?" Suki asked as Katara sat down. She didn't know what Suki had said and looked at Aang for help.

"Why are you looking at Aang?" Sokka asked, then gasped.

"are you back from three years ago?" he asked. Both Zuko and Katara nodded to confirm.

"Great, are you all caught up?" he asked.

"I think so, except for what Suki said," Katara said.

"I asked you to birth our baby," Suki said.

"of course, you don't even have to ask!" Katara called happily. Iroh sat next to Zuko, he looked the same as he did before they left this time. He did stand taller though, he looked very dignified.

"Uncle, how did you sleep?" Zuko asked.

"good, I'm a bit confused as to what happened over the last three years, it seems we missed a lot," he said, looking at Suki's belly. She laughed.

"well, we found out that I'm fire lord, Katara and I are engaged, and so are Aang and Toph, and you can see how pregnant Suki is," Zuko said.

"Also, Iroh is now your second hand Zuko, you three live in the fire nation. Judging by how calm and happy you were when you got here, I would say you love it there" Suki added. Zuko smiled, everything was going according to his wishes, he thanked Yue in his mind. He hugged Katara and devoted himself to just having fun with his friends and uncle, driving every worry from his mind. Katara put her head on Zuko's shoulder and listened to Aang's stories about what he did for the past three years, then to Toph, Sokka and Suki. She loved it, being surrounded by family and friends, the guy she loved always with her. At night she and Zuko found that they shared a room, and called Yue for the last time. She gave them their memories from the past three years, Katara teared up happily when she remembered her brother's wedding and her proposal. Zuko was happy to see that his mother came back to the fire nation after his father was defeated, and even more so when he remembered how friendly she was with Katara. Katara remembered what she considered princess Ursa, a mother figure. They kissed happily before thanking Yue and going to sleep. Their lives were perfect, and would keep on being as perfect in the foreseeable future.