Epilogue

Preeta had hurried back home after having facing the lutra's and her ex husband . As much as she wanted to bottle her emotions like always but this time she choose not to. This time she broke down and cried, let her tears flow instead of stopping them. She let her hurt out in front of her family. Sarla and shristi let her do that, they did not stop her from crying because after everything preeta is letting go finally.
In this two years, preeta had only holded herself from breaking down but now she did not hold back, she wanted to put her emotions out, move on in her life. She wanted to live. After mourning the whole night, preeta had slept on sarla's lap peacefully. There was nothing holding her back, she had let go of everything, the hurt, the pain, the betrayal which did not leave her in peace all these years.

" I forgive you Karan for everything, for breaking my heart. I free you from this guilt "  These were her parting words which was etched in his mind. He could not forget her face as she had uttered this words, she looked so emotionless and spoke as she spoke to a stranger. Was this the end? There was no chances of having her back in his life. Had he ruined it all two years back with his own hands?
" Karan " Rishabh called his name breaking karan's thoughts. Karan looked at his brother who entered his room silently.
" Karan are you fine? " Rishabh asked concerned. It was a hard to stop karan from misbehaving with preeta and bring him back home.
" why did you stop me bhai? I could have convinced preeta somehow. Now she is gone and we don't even know her accommodation " karan questioned his brother. He knew he had gone mad and  acted like a jerk but still he could have convinced her but his brother overpowered him and let her go.
" How would you convince her karan?  By dragging her back here or locking her with you forcibly. Preeta ji was terrified by the way you acted and you were only increasing her hatred for you by behaving the way you were with her " Rishabh sounded harsh but karan knew his brother was speaking the truth.
" Am I so bad that preeta is not even ready to think about me? " Karan could not hide his hurt and pain. His heart was broken.

" No Karan you're not bad but you choose to show your bad side to preeta ji instead of thinking of consequences. Did you ever think what if she was innocent and you could have wronged her or did you just think that you will make it up to her? "
" Bhai I was very angry , My mind was not working " Karan tried to explain.

" I don't blame you Karan. It was always in your thoughts. You had seen girls throwing themselves on you and even though you insulted them , they still used to come to you. And top of that kareena bua had always filled in your mind how middle class people tried to trap rich guys and had no self respect. You thought if preeta ji was ever proved innocent, you could still have her in your arms because you never thought preeta ji could put her self respect above her love but she
did. We have sister Karan but what if tomorrow some guy does the same thing to her and come back for forgiveness. Will you forgive him and let kritika go with him. What you did with preeta ji was wrong karan and you can't justify it . No amount of justifications will make your wrong correct " Rishabh said and was walking out when Karan stopped him.
" Can I meet preeta One last time bhai, please I will not misbehave " karan pleaded. Rishabh could not bring himself to refuse karan. He looked so guilty.
" I can't promise Karan but I will try to get her to meet you " Rishabh assured him.

Preeta walked inside the cafe and spotted karan. She sighed and walked towards him. She could not spare him more than ten minutes. She had a fight in one hour. If not for Rishabh ji constantly pursuing her on the phone from morning she could have not agreed to this.
He stood up and pulled out the chair for her as a gentleman. She sat down and even he settled down.
" Thank you for agreeing to meet me and I'm sorry for yesterday " he said and she silently nodded her head but looked at her watch to see the time.
" Karan I have only ten minutes to spare you. Can you please skip to the main topic instead of this apologies which would never end. I have flight to catch in one year" preeta cut him off in a polite way.
Karan looked at her for a moment and observed her for the first time properly . She had changed, she was no longer the preeta who needed protection or was meek. She was confident and knew how to hide her emotions well.