Chapter 12 - Another Fight

It was just a few days later and Maya was busy getting her stuff together for when she has to start at her new job in less than three weeks.
She can barely believe time has gone by so fast and that she has finally made a decision regarding her studies.
She was still at the Matthews house and it was super weird being there with everything going on.
She was currently looking at places where she would be staying when she had saved up enough money when Josh came through the door.

"Are you drunk or something?" Josh asked and Maya looked at him.
"Drunk? Why are you asking me that?" Maya asked laughing at the question.
"First you ruin your friendship with my niece and now I heard you dropped out of NYU. Why?"
"Because maybe I didn't come here to study Josh," Maya said as she stood up.
"What do you mean?" Josh asked and Maya sighed.
"I came here to see you, Joshua. Not to go to NYU. That was just a plan to get here, that's all. I came here to see you so we could talk things out. And how things currently are I think it is best if I stay away from NYU. I have the job which will keep me busy enough so I'm happy. "
"And what if you want more? What if you get tired of singing?" Josh asked.
"Then I'll go on. I'm not discussing this with you now," Maya said.
"We'll have to do it sometime," Josh said and Maya sighed.
"Not right now Joshua. Maybe another time," Maya said.