Chapter One - The Move

A/N: Before I start this story, I would like to make it clear that I do not condone bullying of any kind. This was a requested fic, and I will make sure that the reader gets apologies, as bullying of any sort is unacceptable and needs to be apologized for. Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoy! Also, just a reminder, send in any requests that you have for ships, I've just started a shipping book, and send in any requests that you have for scenarios or whatever because I've opened up requests for all groups, not just bts :) <3

Your arms ached as you lugged two boxes of your things up the curved stairs of your new home. It was... interesting, you had to give it that. Your room was an attic space, though it was plenty roomy and gave you enough height for a loft bed. Not that you'd ever be allowed to get one. You finally pushed the boxes into your room, standing back and surveying the entire space, breathing heavily. The staircase was spiraled up to the second floor, and you'd had to get a ladder to get up to your room. It wasn't easy with two heavy boxes. But you'd managed, and now you could relax.

You sat on your chair, that the movers had gotten up the ladder along with your desk when they'd been there. You had a perfect view out the window, your eyes grazing over the perfectly manicured lawns until a shout broke you out of your reverie. 

You glanced over to the house next to yours, seeing a handful of boys running around on the lawn. One held a football in his hand, throwing it high and long over the others' heads to another boy at the end of the grass. There was a series of shouts and yells as the football was slammed down onto the grass, laughter ringing out when one of the boys tackled the one who had caught the ball. You had almost looked away when one of the boys caught your eye, eyes burning into yours with a judgement you didn't know you could receive from someone you'd never met. 

You quickly looked away, though seconds after you did your brain caught up with your eyes. He was hot. You hadn't processed it in the moment, but he really was one of the most attractive people you'd ever seen. If not the most. His jawline was smooth, but sharp at the same time, slightly chubby cheeks complimenting a wide nose and strikingly beautiful eyes. And of course, he had to be the one who you'd stared at like a creep on your first day of living here. Of course. 

You felt your cheeks flush, though from embarrassment or attraction you weren't sure. You busied yourself with filling your empty bookshelf, a few boxes full of books sitting by the door. That took you almost an hour, and by then it was time for dinner. You couldn't hear shouting anymore from the boys next door, only the occasional hoot of laughter. You made your way downstairs, sighing when you noticed that the windows in the front room made it so that the boys on their lawn were fully capable of seeing you. You weren't sure that you wanted them to know you exist or not. 

You peeked into the kitchen, finding your parents sat at the table. You were about to ask what you were doing for dinner when the doorbell rang, and you turned, seeing that it was the pizza man. 

You took the money that your mom was handing to you, cracking open the door and paying the pizza man. You thanked him, turning to head back inside the house, but not before your eyes met the stunningly handsome ones of the boy from before once more. You shook your head slightly, shutting the door behind you and setting the pizza on the counter. 

You took two slices, settling on the haphazardly placed couch and getting the television queued up with the family sitcom that you were in the middle of. You were thankful that the tv was up and running already, it gave you a nice distraction from the fiery stare that you could feel boring into the side of your head. You didn't dare to look back, because you knew who it was. 

You ignored the boy next door for almost an hour, but avoidance only worked for so long. Eventually, you were asked to throw the pizza box away, but the garbage cans were out on the street, and you hadn't brought in your own yet. You slid on shoes, reluctantly pushing the door open and keeping your head down as you walked to the trash cans. They were in between your house and the house where all the boys were still sitting, and your hands were almost shaking when you tossed the box in the garbage. 

But of course, things just couldn't go your way.

The box bounced off of the rim of the can, landing back in the street. After a mumbled swear, you bent over, grabbing the box and shoving it down into the garbage. You heard a snort from the boy that was closest to you, and when you glanced over with burning cheeks, you found that it was the handsome one from before.

"How did you miss that shot?" The tone was condescending and it made you want to disappear.

You began stammering out an 'I don't know', but one of the other boys slapped the first on the shoulder, "Don't be so mean Wooyoung! You couldn't even make a touchdown earlier, you don't get to judge other people for their lack of athletic ability."

This retort elicited a round of laughs and mocking shouts from the group of boys, but you wish that the other boy would have just left you alone, because Wooyoung shot you a glare that you were certain had burned right through you at being teased by his friends. You quickly ran back inside, pulling out your phone and shooting a text message to your friend back in your old neighborhood.

I've already been made fun of by a hot guy, this is going great 🙃

 You barely had to wait at all for a response, snorting as you read the letters illuminated on your screen

At least a hot guy talked to you 🤷

If there was a bright side to any of this, that was it.