Prologue

The members gathered around in Seokjin's room after Namjoon had gone to his room. They were laughing and drinking when they heard Namjoon smashed his mirror by throwing his alarm clock at it. At first, they'd joked about how he must have been having a good dream and the alarm clock woke him up.

They stopped joking when they saw the haunted look in his eyes. He was covered in sweat and breathing heavily... like he was trying to gain some control over himself. That's the first time they witnessed something like this.

"He had a nightmare," Jimin said, sitting down beside Seokjin. Like always, concern etched his face. "A really bad one."

"A nightmare wouldn't put that look in his eyes," Yoongi pointed out.

"Namjoon, like us, have things we don't want to share," Hoseok said, quietly. "Even if we want to talk about it, it's best if we turn a blind eye to it."

"And what, let him suffer alone?" Jungkook shot back. "He's always there for each and every one of us and you want us to just step back and pretend we didn't see the state he's in?"

"Hoseok is right," Taehyung said, sharply. "We can't force it out of him. Namjoon will come around and if he wants, he'll talk to us."

Jungkook shot Seokjin a look but Seokjin just sighed.

"Don't treat him like he can't handle his own issues," Jimin said to Jungkook, eyes narrowing. "I don't think he would want us to worry about it. Besides, this is the first time. It's probably nothing," he hesitated. "serious. At least, not enough for us all to worry this much anyways."

"I have a bad feeling," Yoongi murmured. "I knew there was something different about him when I met him."

Seokjin met Yoongi's gaze and nodded. Ever since meeting Namjoon, they could tell he's been through a lot. He celebrated with them, laugh and joke around with them but Seokjin knows that Namjoon is never with them completely. It was like his mind is always somewhere else. Especially during the group's happiest moments.

Whatever it is, Seokjin hopes Namjoon will open up to them soon. Namjoon can't wake up smashing things because of it. It might just be a nightmare like Jimin said but he knows it's got to take more than a nightmare to cause that haunted look in his eyes. 

They can't do anything though. They need to wait for him to talk to them.