Two. Meeting At Flat White

My second home, Flat White is located in the heart of downtown Denver, CO. I love coffee and I love making money so I decided to combine both my passions to create my own coffee place. I walked into the busy shop and spoke to a few regulars I recognized. Getting to know people who come and support me daily really makes me feel good. Now I have tried dating one of my regulars in the past but after a month of no title, meaningless texting, and boring sex, HE had the audacity to ghost ME. Story of my life. I need my soulmate to come and rescue me as soon as possible because I hate it here! I am completely over being single.

As I sit in my office and start going through the paperwork I glance at the cameras into the dining room and see a handsome dark skin man. Feeling starstruck for a moment, I just stare at the screen with my mouth hanging wide open. This man is a total 10! I used to have a type: a 6'0" man with a deep voice and slim build but with my luck lately, I just like them healthy and male.  I hurried and signed some documents so I could go and see who this beautiful man is.

I turned the music to some appropriate R&B starting with Let Me Love You by Mario and I let the music drift into the cafe and I followed. I started by asking my shop co-manager Leah what that man's name was and how did his voice sound. Leah has been at Flat White since it's birth and I considered her to be like a sister to me. She knows exactly how exhausting and tragic my dating life has been so she didn't even bat an eye to my questions.

"Oh hi Naomi! I'm fantastic thanks so much for asking! Family is good too by the way. How are you?" I rolled my eyes at her sarcasm and at the fact she rubbed having a family in my face. We have been friends for 6 years, why do I have to greet you every time we chit chat especially when we work together everyday?

"Hey Leah. Back to my question, who is that fine man? Warm me up a cookie so I can give it to him please." I turned to look at him sipping on what looked like a latte. I love a man who loves coffee.

"When I took his order he said his name is Elijah," Leah said as she began warming a chocolate chip cookie for me to give to this Mr. Elijah. "He ordered a vanilla latte and that was it Pressy Patty." I laughed at the last part. I'm trying to be Married Miranda! She handed me the cookie and now it was time for me to make my move.

"Thanks girl!"

I walked through the cafe hearing Take Care by Drake and Rihanna while politely speaking to everyone I passed until I reached Elijah's table. He was on his laptop and it looked like he was working from the cafe. All I saw was an employed man with a flexible job and I love that!

"Hi! My name is Naomi Alexander and I am the owner of Flat White. I haven't seen you in here before and I wanted to personally welcome and thank you for coming in. Do you like chocolate chip cookies?" I handed the cookie to him and he took it and shook my hand. All theatrics aside, I definitely felt a spark!

"Wow! Thank you. I'm Elijah Patterson and this is my first time in Denver. I just moved here from Baltimore for work so thank you for being so kind and welcoming. I don't know a soul out here." He smiled at me and I saw some beautiful white teeth, a beard on it's way, and a dimple on his right cheek. Whew!

"Welcome to Denver! If you need a tour guide please take my card and feel free to text me! You just made a new friend. See you the next time to visit Flat White!" I handed him my business card and walked away doing a cute little bop back to my office! I had to text my friends!

"So ladies I just met this super cute MAN @FW and he's new to Denver and I already gave him my number! Let us pray he isn't a serial killer and has a great personality!!!" I texted the group chat with Kourtney and our other best friend Cassie called "2 Brides and Their Friend". Funny right? I went back out into the cafe to tell Leah the same thing and I saw Elijah wave to me as he left. My stomach had butterflies and I automatically beamed and waved back. I get interested fast and my feelings hurt even faster, love self sabotage!

"Okay Miss. Friendly, relax. He literally came in to get coffee and you probably scared him. Next time a fine man walks in take it down 3 notches." Leah advised me for some reason.

"My biological clock is tick tick tocking girl, I have to move fast. Besides, men like when a woman is bold. Take notes." After blowing a kiss at Leah, I went back to my office to check my phone and my friends responded with emojis and funny praying gifs. They, along with every other person on the planet, know how badly I want to find true love so I appreciate their support vs. Leah's realistic approach.

I spent the rest of the day organizing, stocking the fridges, and counting the tills on my way out. Finally closing time came and I locked up and headed home to see if I could find Elijah on Facebook. Did he give me his last name? I screamed as I realized he didn't and he has one of the most common names in the world. I guess I'll just have to wait until he texts me.