( EPIGRAPH )

Knocking stirred me out of my sleep, it was frantic. In a sense, my heart had began to race in anticipation. I dashed from my upstairs bedroom almost tripping over my own feet during the journey downstairs. The knocking had become a faint banging, and this is where the worry had began to set in on my behalf. Flicking on a few near by lights in the process I finally make it to the front door. This wasn't out of the ordinary, hunters across the states would find themselves on my doorsteps seeking out medical aid, but the eerie hour of the night and a chilling sensation caused me to worry a bit more than usual.
      To my dismay, it was worse than I expected. Standing at 6'4 was the youngest Winchester, with his brother's arm draped over his shoulder. "Come in, quick!" I spoke after a moment of disbelief. I dashed to the sink now, washing my hands all the while Sam had stretched Dean across a table I had refurbished for situations just like this. I worked quickly, doing what I could to revive what little life the hunter clung to. The ribbons in his chest leaking crimson, his pupils glazing over, and finally the last breath escaping his lungs.
     There wasn't much I could've done, even in knowing that this was a result of a deal with a demon I found myself heavy with guilt. Sam on the other hand had burst into tears, gripping his brothers hand all the while attempting to rile me back into motion. The most I could do was drape my arms onto the back of the youngest Winchester, and give him comfort. Eventually, he would turn and weep into my embrace, this made things much harder.
     There wasn't much I could say, except the occasional "I'm so sorry," That I would utter on loop. We both had sunk to our knees in tears, and in attempt to remain stoic I held most of it in. Watching an old colleague die, and his brother come apart in my arms wasn't the way I intended for this to go, but life has a funny way of ending.

HOW TO SAVE A LIFE

A.REYES
PLAYLIST

the rain/oh wonder
easily/bruno major
listen before I go/billie eilish
dancing with your ghost/sasha sloan
pluto projector/rex county orange
the archer/taylor swift

** authors note,

           this is the first book i've written in first person in a while so bare with me. secondly, this prologue is awful and probably will change. third, im debating a huge time jump,, so, hope you don't get attached to season four dean again like i already have.