prologue

it started with a lonely old woman. she was gentle and kind, but had no one to spend her time with. she yearned for a child to call her own, and as the lonely years passed by she grew more and more lonesome. tired of wallowing about, she decided to pay a visit to a good witch, hoping to solve her problem.

the witch gave her a tiny barleycorn and ordered
the elderly woman to plant it in a flowerpot. even though she was slightly skeptical, the woman did as she was told, and surely it began to grow; until at last- it blossomed into a beautiful rose. the woman planted a gentle kiss on the petals and the bud slowly opened, revealing a tiny human inside.

the girl arose from her deep sleep and her eyes began to flutter open as the woman watched, her kind eyes full of love and her hands on her cheek.

"hello, mother," her shrill voice rang as she spoke for the first time. the woman held out her hand and the girl climbed onto it. the woman grinned, her smile stretching from ear to ear.

"i'll call you y/n," she proclaimed, finally happy she was not lonely anymore and had a child to take care of. despite her size, the woman loved her no less than she would've if it was a normal sized baby. even though she was small, the troubles she caused certainly were big. but that was okay, because she had the old woman's unconditional love. and soon she was going to have a special someone else's.....