epilogue

i was awoken by squealing and jumping on the bed and my eyes flew open. i couldn't help the giggles that escaped my lips. "mother! mother! father! father!" the children squealed. cornelius got up and stretched. "danny, ashley! it's the middle of the night!" he exclaimed, but had a soft expression on his face and no trace of anger. "no! it's 7 am!" ashley squealed.

his arm wrapped around mine. "well, good morning, my y/n" he teased and i giggled. "good morning, my love," i sighed and he leaned in for a kiss. i smiled against his lips. however, our kiss was interrupted by a pillow thrown out cornelius's face. he turned around slowly. "ewwww!" danny squealed, but ashkey had a lovestruck look on her face. "oh so is that how it's going to be?" cornelius threw a pillow back at the squealing children and it erupted into a pillow fight. wanting to be away from the chaos, i got up and went to the balcony of the palace.

out the balcony i looked down at the vale of the fairies, our kingdom. "good morning mon amie!" jacquimo called as he fluttered midair. i laughed and waved in greeting. "hello, jacquimo! how've you been?"

"splendid! splendid!" and with that he flew off. sighing, i went back inside to be met with ashley and danny flying around, play fighting. "children, children, settle down you'll break something! want me to make pancakes?" i chided. that certainly got their attention. "yes! yes!" they jumped.

"alright, i'll holler when breakfast is ready," i said as i put on my apron and went to the kitchen to make our favorite, blueberry pancakes. as i was almost done finishing up a pair of arms snakes around my waist. "they smell delicious," cornelius whispered in my ear and began to kiss my neck. i giggled.

"EWWWW DADDYYY!" danny screamed. cornelius turned and gave him a teasing look. "did the pillows not teach you a lesson?" and he chased after him. "nooo!" danny squealed and ran away. i shook my head at them, but still smiling. "seems like there are three children in this household," i mused. ashley fluttered next to me.

"i don't mind it like danny does, mother!" she beamed. i ruffled her hair. "why, youre very mature then." her green eyes glistened and she held her head up proudly. "mother..."
"yes?"
"can you please sing for me?" i was about to protest but she shot me the most irresistible puppy eyes i had ever seen (a trait she no doubt inherited from me) i sighed in defeat. oh all right

let me be your wings
let me be your only love
let me take you far beyond the stars
let me be your wings
let me lift you high above

cornelius stuck his head from behind a wall and began to sing along

everything we're dreaming of
will soon be ours
anything that you desire
anything at all

we sang in synch and the kids looked on in awe. "they have the most beautiful voices," ashley breathed in admiration.

we'll see the universe
and dance on saturns rings
heaven isn't too far

heaven is where you are
stay with me
i'll let you
be my wings
i'll be your wings

he took my hands in his and kissed my cheek. "i love you, y/n," he breathed. i smiled softly. "i love you, my cornelius."

the end