CHAPTER 4: Dust

Fairy. If there was any fairy lingering in her world, it must be Kinomoto Sakura.

Short brown locks. Her hair was silky. She had already weaved her fingers through it, many times. Natural complexion. Her skin was smooth, especially her hands. Emerald eyes. Her eyes were bright and lively. Wide smiles. Her smiles were oh so innocent, accepting, friendly, and honest.

Kinomoto Sakura was a fairy, with her bubbly and cheerful personality, and with her magic wand, turning the cloudy atmosphere to a sunny one, and the heavy ambience to a welcoming one.

She was a cherry blossom, lovely and precious, constant in every way. Even when crying, she never changed.

"Tomoyo-chan, I am so so glad...!" exclaimed Sakura through her tears, as she pulled the heiress into a tight hug. Tomoyo returned the embrace just as tightly. The others followed, forming a group hug.

Sakura was so relieved after the talk. The rest of them, as well, were relieved. Issues settled. Problems solved. Friendship restored. Friendship strengthened.

They had promised to never break apart, to never depart from each other's life, to never change. Daidouji Tomoyo felt so happy. She then could assure, she would never be alone, not anymore. There was Kinomoto Sakura and their reuniting circle.

SAKURA. Hiiragizawa. Syaoran. Chiharu. Takashi. Naoko.

Hiiragizawa Eriol was right. Talking was way better than pretending. It had saved them from hurting themselves more.

******

She had never seen the Penguin Park so peaceful – no people, no children; just the park, the gigantic slide in the middle, and the shedding trees around; all under the warm sunset above them. Now that she felt so unburdened, the place looked so different.

Hands on the chains of the swing, Tomoyo swung a little, inhaling the breeze of the afternoon, smiling as she realized the day had been so fulfilling and satisfying. She felt so new and free.

"You are so happy."

Tomoyo halted and turned to her right where Hiiragizawa was sitting on the swing seat beside her. Of course, he was smiling – just like before, just like what he had promised.

The heiress returned the gesture and replied, "Yes, I am."

"Well, me too. Even though..."

"...Rika-chan is still not calling us, Chiharu-chan is still not confessing to Yamazaki-san, Naoko-chan is still going out with that senpai, and..."

"...Sakura-chan is still in love with my descendant..." Hiiragizawa intervened, searching through her eyes; testing, waiting.

Tomoyo's smile widened, "...I'm happy." It was genuine, raw and pure.

Convinced, the mage nodded, "Yes, I know."

"...because, I have said it," explained Tomoyo, inhaling more comforting air. "She knows my feelings already. Now, I feel so relieved, unburdened. Finally, I have nothing to hide, no secrets anymore." She turned to the scarlet-streaked sky, "Now, it is easy to let go..."

"...and give up. I know."

Hearing that, Tomoyo's smile dropped. Hiiragizawa Eriol.

The wind blew and passed them. The surrounding trees rustled. Dried leaves flew up, circled through the air, and swept the floor.

Slowly, Tomoyo turned to him once more and saw that he was leaned closer to her, wearing a smile of acceptance – and, without a single sign of pain.