CHAPTER 6: Magic

Ten months after his departure from Tomoeda.

London.

"You're worried."

At the sound of the raspy and weak voice, Eriol's eyes turned from his phone and looked at the bed-ridden man at the left side of the room. He smiled and never spoke a word, since he was worried indeed, and a word to falsify it wasn't right (his uncle would know) and a word to confirm it wasn't necessary.

There was guilt in his uncle's eyes and Eriol could see it. His old lips trembled. He was about to say something. Eriol knew the upcoming words. He anticipated and talked beforehand, "You need me, uncle." As if to justify, he added, "I need you. Please, don't say such words anymore."

A laugh. "I haven't yet said a word."

"They are already in your mind, and I am pretty much against the idea. No, uncle, I won't come back." After a pause, he added, "No, not yet."

He turned to his phone again and reread the content of the e-mail. From Li Syaoran – "Why can't you just return to Tomoeda and stay? You're being missed." Eriol smiled a bit. With one swift motion, he shut the screen and put the device inside his pocket. He casted another comforting and caring smile towards his uncle, "You need another set of records. Would you mind if I buy you music?" This was their connection – music.

"Yes, of course, I won't. You know my taste."

"Right."

And then, he left – opening the doors, carrying an umbrella with him. Pluck. Typical weather. It was raining.

******

"I won't leave, Uncle. I'll stay."

******

Some people are ought to leave.

Some things are ought to change...

...and fade...

...and be forgotten.

******

7 YEARS AFTER.

Spring. Pink petals rained down over Tomoeda High. The sun was at its peak. Holiday. It was quiet. The grounds were empty and so were the rooms. It was a beautiful day, and it felt quite... nostalgic.

One step and then another. For the first time in so many years, Tomoyo found herself stepping on the grounds of Tomoeda High. Seven years seemed so long, and yet... it seemed just yesterday. The memories were still fresh, as if it was just yesterday when she said her goodbyes to move on and have a life elsewhere and to start her career, just like what Sakura did, and just like what others did.

It was around the time when the others had decided to take their own paths, when Sakura and Syaoran had decided theirs as well. They both moved to Hong Kong and became the keeper of the cards along with the Li Clan. Yukito-san, being the alter ego of Yue, stayed beside his master, as well as Kero-chan. However, Touya started his own family and stayed in Japan. Kinomoto Fujitaka – no, otto-san – had miraculously became her stepdad, making Sakura her stepsister. And... it was quite bizarre for Tomoyo, but she was truly happy about it.

Chiharu-chan and Yamazaki-san went to the upper parts of Japan and started their own business together. Naoko, on the other hand, started being a writer with her once-senpai-now-fiancé in Osaka. Along with her was Rika-chan who started her own bakeshop around the same prefecture.