EddiexBen

"When she's left to run wild, she will always return." —
April Green

    "She's so pretty," Ben exclaimed, and I felt my heart drop and shatter.
Of course he likes girls. I internally slapped myself for being so fucking stupid. It never failed. Ever.
     "Really? What's her name?" I asked Ben shakily.
     "Beverly Marsh," Ben breathed, his eyes closed and a small smile on his lips.
     "What does she look like?"
     "Absolutely perfect. She's got red curly hair, and eyes the color of the storm clouds. But it's her personality that really gets me. She's the sweetest, most caring person I've ever met." He paused for a moment. "Second only to you."
     He punched my shoulder playfully, and it took all I had to hold back the tears threatening to spill over my eyes.
     "You ok Eddie?" Ben asked me, and I realized I hadn't laughed or even smiled at his joke.
     My face broke into a smile, trying not to look as disappointed as I felt.
     "I'm-I'm fine Ben," I whispered, before glancing down at my watch. "I-uhh I gotta go."
     I stood up quickly from his bed, and turned towards his door.
     "Okay Eds, See ya!"
     "Bye Ben."

     I couldn't stop the tears flowing down my face as I stepped out of his house, and began to sob as I walked home.
     I wiped my face quickly as I reached my house, so my mother wouldn't question anything. It didn't matter though, she was asleep anyway.
I quietly ran up the stairs to my room, before flopping on my bed in tears. 
     I woke up hours later to a knock on my door.
     "Hullo?" I asked groggily, blinking the sleep from my eyes.
     The knocking subsided and my mother's voice said, "Eddie-bear, I've called you five times already. Get up, somebody's here to see you."
     "Who?" I asked her.
     "I don't know. Some porky young boy," my mothers indifferent voice said.
     Ben. "What does he want?"
     "Oh god Eddie, can't you just get up and open the door for your friend?"
     I face planted into my pillow, muffling my groan.
     "Yup. I'm on my way, Ma," I told her.
     I listened to her retreating footsteps before finally removing myself from my bed.
     My face felt puffy from the crying session I had earlier, but it didn't matter. I just wanted to sleep forever.
     I swing open my front door to find Ben standing there with a huge grin on his face.
     "I asked her out and she said yes!" He squealed.

Hey guys! Thanks so much for 300 reads, it really means a lot!