Chapter 17

The sun was shining with all its warmth through the window making Aariz cover his eyes with another pillow to escape the scorching light falling his way. Minaal, on the other hand, came out of the bathroom and stood in front of the mirror and began setting her hair. After she was done, she glanced towards Aariz who had no intention of getting up. Shaking her head, she walked towards the bed and pushed the pillow off his face making Aariz scowl with protesting cry.

"Sonay do yaar." He had murmured in a heavy voice.

"Gee nahi, uth jaein Mr Aariz. Nahi toh naashta nahi milega." She said as she ran her hand in his messy hair and smiled.

"Yeh rule kab se bana hai. Kal tak toh nahi tha. Please sonay do Minaal, bas 5-minute aur."

Minaal rolled her eyes as he turned to the other side and closed his eyes. But Minaal wasn't giving up so easily either, instead of letting him sleep, she slowly grabbed the duvet from his control and moved the pillow from his face as well and quickly ran away.

"Minaal yaar!!"

He had screamed on the top of his annoyed voice. Minaal's response was just a loud laughter.

"Mein bhi tumhe uthae baghair haar nahi manungi. Kia yaad karoge Aariz ke kis se pala parra hai."

She thought to herself and was out of the room the next moment. Aariz, on the other hand, gave up and got up but he wasn't giving up easily either.

"Tumne mujhe tang karna tha kar liya, ab meri baari hai, Mrs Aariz. Wait for it."

He mumbled and made his way to the washroom.

----------------

When Minaal reached downstairs, the preparations for her first breakfast with her new family were already underway. She was greeted with Safiya as soon as she entered the Kitchen. Both hugged each other warmly with a big smile on their faces.

"Good morning, kaisi hai meri beti?"

"Mein theek hun, ap kaisi hain? Aur yeh sab kyun kar rai hain, breakfast toh meine banana tha na."

"Tumhe kisne kaha ke tumne banana tha?"

"Meine khud se socha hua tha ke jaldi uth ke sab karlungi, aur ap toh mere se bhi pehle uth gaein."

Safiya smiled and patted Minaal on her shoulder.

"Aj tumhara pehla din hai, aj meine bana liya, tumhare welcome ke liye. Tum phir kisi din bana lena."

"Lagta hai apka pakka plan hai aj mujhse kaam na karwane ka."

"Bilkul theek samjhi ho. Waise sab hogaya hai, bas omelettes table pe rakhne hain, tum betho jao."

The conversation continued even when Safiya was making omelettes and both made their way out to the dining room and found Wali and Aariz already seated at the table.

"Aj toh Aariz buhat time se uth gaya hai. Sab khair toh hai?"

Wali asked with a teasing smile on his face.