To prove that one is worthy

Alex followed Fox and the team into the Great Fox, the mothership that belongs to Star Fox. It was in the hangar of the Echelon. (It just proves how enormous the USS Echelon really is) "if you go in and look on the table in the front room, your new uniform will be there. Just change into it and we'll be in the training room. You can't miss em." Fox told Alex. So, Alex went into the front room and looked on the table. There he saw a dark red suit, with the Star Fox symbol on the shoulder of it. There were also knee guards, shoulder guards and light composite armour. Alex put on everything and made his way to the training room.

"So, are you familiar with flying aircraft?" Fox questioned Alex. "Passed basic training, so yeah. Guess I am." Alex responded.
"Ahh, typical military training's gonna get you nowhere. You need real training." Fox said to Alex. Alex looked puzzled. "Where do I train?" He asked. Fox laughed. "We've got virtual reality training. It only takes a few days, and you can do it right here. Once you've passed that, then the real training begins on Corneria." He said. They made their way to the training section of the ship. There was a chair in the middle of the room. It also had an unusual looking headset attached to it through a long, overarching arm. "Just sit in that chair and the simulation will begin." Alex got in the chair and put on the headset over his eyes. Once the simulation started, Alex could see that he was in a cockpit. He looked around the cockpit and saw all the controls. Until he was given the word, he couldn't launch the ship. The controls were somewhat similar to that of a standard R-16 Skelter that the military uses. "You're clear for launch!" The simulation said. Alex hit the switch and turned on the engines. In no time, the Arwing started moving forward. Just like any jet he's flew, he pulled back on the controls, allowing the Arwing to lift off. Fox spoke to Alex through the radio. "Good start so far. Now, hit all the checkpoints you see." Fox told him. The checkpoints were large hexagonal rings he had to fly through. There were also obstacles he had to avoid. Alex managed to fly through the checkpoints with no trouble at all. "Nice work. Now it's time for combat training. Shoot all the enemy aircraft that you see before they take you out!" Fox commanded. He was surprised that Alex saw no challenge in this whatsoever. It was shocking to him. Maybe he thought humans were a natural at flying. "You're a natural, Alex. It's time to go to Corneria and really prove yourself." Fox said to Alex. "Better get packin'." He added. Alex rushed to his room on the Echelon and cleared it out. Every personal item, and every bit of clothing he had, he packed into his duffel bag. Alex then rushed back to the Great Fox. "Here. Believe these belong to you." Fox mentioned. He handed Alex a pair of keys. They were to a room on the ship. They had a number on them, so he assumed that was the room he was going to stay in. "Thanks. Uhh, where are the rooms?" Alex asked confused. "Up the stairs, turn left. Can't miss em." Fox answered. Alex made his way up to the bedroom hallway, and looked at the keys. The keys had a number 4 on them. So Alex went up to room 4 and put his key in. It worked, as expected. So, he left his bag in there and joined the team in the front room.

"I haven't introduced you to everyone yet, have I?" Fox asked rhetorically. He held his hand out to the blue bird. "This is Falco Lombardi. Our best pilot. Excuse the irony." Fox told Alex.
"Nice to meet you." Alex said holding his hand out. "Right back at ya." Falco responded, completing the handshake. Fox then moved to to the rabbit. "And here, is older than time itself, Peppy." Fox said.
"Welcome aboard, kid." Peppy greeted, holding his hand out for a handshake. "Thanks." Alex replied, finishing the handshake. "Hey, Slip. Come over here." Fox called out to the frog sat at the couch watching the tv. "Slip, this is Alex. Alex, Slippy." Fox introduced Alex to Slippy.
"Wow, nice to have a new team member!" Slippy called out ecstatically. "Yeah, I guess it is." Alex responded to him, giving him a fist bump. Fox then went upstairs to knock on someone's door. "You nearly ready?" He said. Alex heard a muffled voice. He heard the voice say "Coming now!" Fox made his way downstairs back to Alex. Following him was a blue vixen, wearing a tight black bodysuit, with blue areas covering the shoulders and breasts. Her hair was dark blue, and short. Despite Alex being a human, someone who should only be attracted to other humans, he saw that she was kind of pretty. 'Woah, she's so beautiful.' Alex thought to himself. "Krystal, this is Alex. The guy who saved my ass, and who you gave a lift back home." He told her.
"Oh? Hello, Alex. Nice to meet you." She said in a soft, and pretty voice. "Heh, uh, hey Krystal." Alex said, blushing.
"Quite flattered, Alex." Krystal said as he turned around. "Huh?" Alex looked confused.
"I'm a telepath. I can read minds." She responded. Alex went bright red. "Oh.. Uhh.." He laughed nervously. The vixen giggled. "You're not a first, Alex." She said.

"Anyway, to Corneria!" Fox called out as the ship left the Echelon. "Exactly how far is Corneria?" Alex inquired.
"Light years. We'll be there in about 6 hours. Might wanna get some rest." Fox suggested to Alex. "I can take it." Alex replied, sternly.
"I mean, we're all gonna get some rest too, so.." Fox went on. "Yeah, maybe you're right." Alex said as he followed them upstairs to the bedroom corridor. They all went into their room. Alex closed the door behind him, and took all his clothes off, down to his underwear. He laid in his new bed and hugged his pillow, then drifted off to sleep. The bed smelt nice as well. It wasn't used ever.

Alex was woken up by a robotic voice. "Now approaching, Corneria." The voice called out.
"Guess this is it." Alex said to himself. He put on his uniform and his armour. He also put on his helmet, for combat training. Once he got ready, he left his room and made his way to the front room. "You ready?" Falco asked Alex behind him. "Sure am." Alex responded.
"Well Alex, welcome to Corneria." Fox welcomed him. Alex looked out the window, and saw the buildings outside. Despite it being 2235 on his home world, this planet's technology looked centuries ahead of Earth's. The Great Fox had landed on what looked like a Cornerian airbase. They all left the ship through the rear hatch, and were greeted by General Pepper. "Welcome back, Star Fox." He said to them. He then looked to see the human lingering behind Fox. "Who's your friend?"
"General, meet our newest member of our team, Alex Rivera. One of Earth's soldiers. He's a Second Lieutenant." General Pepper seemed pleased at his rank. "Welcome aboard, soldier." He said to him as hey both saluted one another.
"We're here to train Alex and get him his Arwing." Fox requested. Alex looked nervous because he needed permission first. "We can't train him with military, but since he's becoming a Star Fox member, he'll get a special place for training." General Pepper responded.
"Works for me." Alex said quietly.

Soon enough, Alex arrived at the training sector. He had to complete the course once more, only this time was in real life. It was no video game anymore. The training section was a large open airfield. There was aircraft taking off and landing there. They weren't Arwings as they were exclusive aircraft. The whole team were headed at observation, so they could watch him from a distance. "This is like a dream." Alex said to himself as he approached a flashy new Arwing being towed out of the hangar. He took a deep breath before climbing in. "Just think of it as it was on the ship." Alex thought to himself. Everyone watched him as the thrusters let out a blue beam, and the Arwing took off in no time. The checkpoints weren't hexagons anymore, they were flag goals that were scattered all over the base. Alex tried not to get nervous, as that would probably get him killed. "You're doing well, kid. Keep it up, and you'll pass." General Pepper assured Alex through the radio. Only just beating the required time, Alex shot through the final checkpoint. After that, he went into VTOL mode, and the Arwing was hovering. "Good work, kid. Now it's time for combat training. Don't worry, they're just drones. No one's gonna get hurt. But remember, they will fire at you. If they shoot you down, you fail. Don't get shot down, and you pass." Pepper listed.
Alex prepared the weapons on the Arwing and got ready for the next phase. "Green light!" General Pepper shouted. Alex spooled the chain gun and fired it at the drones. Thanks to the crosshairs seen on the windscreen of the Arwing, Alex destroyed the drones with no issues at all. The other set of drones were shooting at him from the ground. Alex used his own military tactic to take them out. By doing runs. Alex flew a good distance away from the drones, then dived down raining fire on
Them. 3 of them were destroyed, but two were left. One of the two shot a homing rocket at him. "Shit." He said as he used his countermeasures to prevent the missile from hitting him. Once he positioned himself, he did another dive and destroyed the last two drones with superior force.

Alex landed the Arwing outside the hangar and jumped out. Pepper and the team approached him. "Well, Rivera. I'm impressed. Here, I believe these belong to you." Pepper said as he handed you a pair of Arwing keys. "I can't believe it." Alex said in happiness. "So where is my new plane?" Alex asked. "Right here." Pepper responded, revealing another shiny new custom Arwing, with military camouflage and the name on the side saying Rivera on it. The team applauded him for completing training. "You will also get one of these." Pepper said as he handed Alex a sidearm. It wasn't an ordinary firearm though. This was an energy pistol. More powerful than any bullet-propelled firearm that he's used. "Don't mess around with it, as it can melt just about anything it hits." General Pepper warned Alex. "Anyway, General. We're gonna go back to the Great Fox. The Army probably wants us back." Fox told him. Alex climbed into his very own Arwing and flew it back to the Great Fox and parked it there.

"Welcome to Star Fox, Alex." Fox assured him.
"Won't let you down. So, what's first?" Alex asked Fox. "Glad you've asked that." Fox responded.