Introduction

A/N: Okay, so this isn't my normal horror style, but I recently watched the show The End of the Fucking World and absolutely fell in love with the show, story, and characters. So, I thought, "Hey, the show's short and there's plenty more story for the characters, so why not try my hand at something different?" and thus, this story was born. It will be taking place after season two, so as far as spoilers go, you've been warned. But, I really hope you enjoy this story as much as my other, and as always, thank you very much for reading.

- - -

"Fuck it. We should do it, you know," Alyssa said.

"Do what?" James replied.

"Move to America, get married." 

"But Alyssa, aren't you still technically married?" 

"Ugh James, you're such a buzzkill. Look at everything we've been through together; it's time for us to take the biggest journey of our lives!"

"And you think that's moving to America and getting married?"

"Yes, of course! Think of it. It'll be just like the movies; just the two of us on the run and in search of the perfect life."

"Are you saying we don't have the perfect life already?"

"Goddammit James, you know this isn't what we're meant to do. We're not meant to be stuck here in this small town, waiting for something to happen. Nothing in our lives will be exciting unless we make it exciting! Haven't we learned that through all the time we've been together?"

"I guess so, but I also think that maybe we've had enough excitement in our lives."

"James, please trust me on this. You love me, don't you?"

It was in that moment that I knew I had to do whatever she said, because yes, I do love her and I'll do anything for her. She is my everything, the reason I feel anything at all... 

"Pack your bags tonight. We leave tomorrow."

"I knew you'd come with me James! I just knew it!"

"We have to be together. That's just how things are." 

Alyssa kissed James as she left. "I'll see you in the morning. Love you!" She said with a smile.