Chapter 1: After Dark

Run. 

That's all anyone could do in such a dark forest. 

Especially, a forest that was infested and overflowing with monsters. 

The only light that illuminated anything was from the moon that pressed against the dark cloudy sky. 

A sky that looked down upon the four running children that were made up of three demigods and one satyr.

And a giant creature that heaved through and looked over the grand pines of the forest. It had its eye on the children but one attracted its attention more than the others.

None of them dared to look back to stare up to its terrifying figure. 

The group of children was led by a boy with a goat-like lower half. His hooves galloped across the dead leaves that scattered the forest's floor. 

"C'mon!" The boy urged breathlessly, "We're so close!" 

"Grover! How much longer!" The girl with blond hair asked with panic. 

"Just don't look back, Annabeth!" The boy named Luke, who also with blond hair, begged. 

While Grover, Annabeth, and Luke were trying to focus on outrunning the cyclops, the black-haired girl running beside them had her mind on something else. 

She was, of course, distressed like her friends. But one thing was much more apparent than anything else right now to her. 

It was all her fault. It was all Thalia Grace's fault, that they were being chased. Not just because she was a demigod. Everyone was a demigod in the group, except for Grover. 

No.

It was something else. 

Because of her father

What a weird and inappropriate word to use to describe him. The most well-known god of the Big Three and Greek history. 

He was the god of gods. The god of the sky. And most importantly, her father.

Zeus.

Everyone knew that any descendant from the Big Three was immensely powerful even when compared to other demigods. 

Because of this, many monsters would instantly be attracted to the presence of the offspring of the Big Three.

Thalia hated herself right now. She was supposed to be a leader, she was 13 years old making her the oldest among her group. The youngest of them was Annabeth, who was about 10. 

She hated running. Her feet were starting to get swollen from how long they have run. 

She hated being looked down upon. 

Which was most likely what Zeus was doing, looking down at her at this instance.

Her thoughts were broken by an incredibly unsettling noise. 

stomp

Stomp

Stomp

STOMP!

The cyclops was only getting closer. This fact was very much prominent in the heads of the children. None of them wished to address it in this dire moment. 

Tears started to form in Thalia's blue thundering eyes. 

She couldn't let her friends die because of her. Because of something she couldn't control. 

Without warning, she turned a sharp right further into the forest and away from her friends. This caused two things to consequently happen. 

The cyclops was no longer attacking the group but instead one demigod that is all by herself.