Chapter 2: Lake Sprinkle Sprankle

Annabeth couldn't believe how great Camp Half-Blood was. It was perfect.

The only way for this to be more perfect if Thalia were with her. But she was still recovering.

Either way, this place was pretty awesome.

Percy was currently giving her a quick tour of the campgrounds.

He introduced the stables, the lake, the arena's, and her cabin.

Cabin 6.

It was filled with other kids who were like her. Descendants from Athena.

Percy continued to introduce her to various aspects of the camp. But he kept skipping around one monument.

A fountain that reached high toward the sky and was deeply rooted in the ground. It flowed effortlessly with water. It was a grand monument that especially caught Annabeth's grey-eyes.

"And that's about it!" Percy smiled, "Any questions?"

"Um yeah actually," Annabeth said, "Why is there a fountain in the middle of camp?"

Percy's cheery attitude turned into an expression that was considerably grimmer.

"That fountain, is what protects the camp from all monsters and outsiders," Percy explained, "It creates a forcefield around the camp allowing only people with god's blood running in their veins."

"Is there any meaning behind it?" Annabeth asked.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean what does it represent. You don't just build a monument like that for nothing."

"It's a long story."

"I could hear it."

"It's kind of sad."

"I could take it."

Percy sighed at Annabeth's persistence.

"Well, five years ago, there was a seven-year-old boy and his mother. They traveled all over the country to find a way to live a normal life. But when the mother realized it was impossible, they traveled to Camp Half-Blood," Percy looked over to see Annabeth incredibly invested in the story, "They might've lived a normal life. But the child was a mistake."

"Why?" Annabeth asked.

"He was a product of a broken oath."

"You don't mean?"

Percy nodded. "The kid was the child of Poseidon. Poseidon fell in love with a young lady who also fell in love with him. And soon, the child was brought into a dangerous world. This only got Poseidon more invested in their lives. He didn't want the child to be a hero. He wanted him to live a life of peace. But the monsters that stood in the boy's way said otherwise," Percy explained, "Poseidon consistently saw both of them in secrecy. But that still wasn't enough."

Percy sighed. "I'm not boring you am I? You've been really quiet," Percy asked.

"No! Keep going!" Annabeth urged.

"Where was I?" Percy asked himself. He then snapped his fingers and realized where the story left off. "It got worse when Zeus and Hades found out. Hades sent monsters for the boy. Zeus promised to strike him out of the sky. They decided it was best if the boy was located here."

Percy paused.

"Are you okay?" Annabeth asked.

"Yeah! It's just that I still remember when it happened," Percy assured.