Chapter 4: Longview

Percy was on a beach that had stormy waves and a raging sky over it. He was having another fever dream.

"Percy"

...

"Percy"

...

"Mom?" Percy asked recognizing his mother's voice. He instantly felt a familiar warmth wrap around him. A warmth that he missed so much.

"I'm here Percy."

"What? Where?" Percy cried. He felt like he was seven years old all over again. He felt the hole in his heart from the minotaur tore open all over again.

"That isn't important-"

"What do you mean that isn't important! I have to find you!"

"Perseus. Please listen," Percy's mother begged, "There will be a war. And you are the only one that can do anything about it."

"What-That is so vague could you at least tell me what's going on?" Percy asked in a very pleading manner.

"I wish I could Percy. But I shouldn't even be here. I can't upset the Fates, further," Sally answered.

"Wha-?" But before Percy could ask any more questions, Sally vanished. Despite not even seeing her in the first place, he felt her motherly presence melt away. "I'll find you! I promise! I'll make sure dad can hold you again!" Percy shouted as his knees dug into the sand of the beach.

Then two things got his attention. A horse crying and an eagle shrieking. Percy looked up and saw a grand horse and a mighty eagle charging one another.

"What the hell is going on?"

Percy continued to look around where he was in his head. He was still on the beach watching a horse and eagle fight and claw each other for dominance.

He was more concerned than confused at the moment. For some odd reason, he didn't want the two majestic creatures to fight. He tried running toward the two but his legs weren't getting him anywhere.

The eagle clawed the horse's eyes while the horse bit the wings of the eagle. Both were killing each other. There was no winning side. It was just a brutal scene to behold.

Percy watched as gold like fluid stained the sand and the seas.

Both eventually stopped and observed each other's damaged body.

The horse was wheezing through its nose while the eagle tried to stand on its claws but stumbled all over the sand.

Both fell and laid motionless.

Percy's green-eyes couldn't believe what had happened. He couldn't help but feel like he was responsible for this fight and bloodbath.

He rubbed his eyes hoping to wake up. But when he opened them he was in a different place.

He just wanted to wake up right now.

And like that he woke up in a cold sweat. He looked around Cabin 11 and saw that everyone was still asleep. The sun was barely rising and lightly glowed outside. It was most likely around 7 or 8 am.

He didn't know what the hell that dream meant. But he did know that he could use some fresh air right about now. So, he got up from his bed and sneaked out of the cabin trying his best not to disturb anyone.

When he was outside, he took one deep breath causing his lungs and chest to expand. He walked over to the dock where he spends most of his time where he would either listen to music or just lay there and soak the sun. Sometimes he would do both. When he arrived at his destination, he took a seat at the ledge of the dock and watched the sun slowly rise.