Chapter 2

With my Mother's blessing, Celeste and I made our way to the Blowout later in the night. It was 8:40 pm when I parked my in the field by the Cinema. After Celeste got out of the car, I locked the doors behind me. She gave me a smile, as she grabbed my hand. 

Walking into the field, I see someone look over. "Guys! Asher's here!" He called out before running to me. "You made it, dude!" He said to me giving me a fistbump.

"Hey, Finn!" I give him a smile.

"I'm surprised you made it!" Fin said to me with a smile. "Thought you had to babysit?"

"No," I responded. "My Dad wasn't feeling well today, so Mom didn't really want to force him to go out," 

"Ah, gotcha!" Finn nodded his understanding. "Well, glad you could make it!" He added. "You too, Celeste!" 

I've known Finn since I was literally 6 years old. I met him in Kindergarten. He was the first friend I ever made. Finn is the type of guy who always has your back no matter what shit you get yourself in. "Now, come on! You're missing the party!" He said pulling my arm. Celeste followed us, as I was dragged into the centre of the party. 

"Hey, Asher!" A blonde-haired girl waved at me, as she walked past me.

"Uh, hey!" I reply uncertainly. I've never seen her before in my life. People only know about me at school, because apparently I'm the popular kid at school, even though I will rather be alone half the time. Mom says I'm just like Dad when he was my age. My Father was very quiet when Mom met him. Right now, he's still quiet, but not so much anymore.

My attention was taken when a young boy walks up to me Celeste and myself, handing us both Red Cups. "Thanks," I say before taking a small sip. Something tells me this is going to be a good night.

ELSA

"Goodnight, I love you! I say to my daughter before closing the door. Taking a deep breath, I make my way downstairs before walking into the living room. Sitting on the couch, was my Husband, who focused on some papers in his hands. His tired Emerald eyes struggled to focus what his work.

Taking a look at him, I notice the medical treatment he had at this very moment. He had his Sputum Mist pressed firmly between his lips, though he wasn't really attempting to clear his cough.Though every 30 seconds, he'd heavily cough, and each one sounded better than the last. Which means this cough is finally breaking. The only noticeable one was that stupid Feeding Tube that he's been disagreeing with since he was 20.

"Hey," I call out to him. "Do you need anything?" I ask him calmly.

"Hmm?" He looked up at me before smiling. "No thank you, I'm fine, Love," He says to me, as I sit beside him. He kept to his work, as I watched him contently. "Does Brielle still have that fever?" Hiccup asked me quietly. 

"Not so much anymore," I answer him, moving my hair away from my shoulder, leaning against him. "You don't need to worry," I said to him, cuddling up to his shoulder.

"I always worry, Els," He murmured to me calmly, putting his arm around me. "One of these days, this cold will get worse, and --"

"Shh," I cut him off, seeing the worried look in his eyes. "She'll be fine. Our children are fine. All of them," 

He glanced up, gazing out the window. His eyes focused on our driveway. He seemed to study it as if he were attempting to put something together. "Hey, where's Asher?" He then asked me. "It's not like him to be out this late," He responded, looking at the time. I guess he realized that the little black car that Asher drives were missing from our driveway. Realizing it was almost 11:00 now, I bit my lip quickly thinking of something. The Blowout shouldn't be still going... "Maybe I should get a hold of him," Hiccup murmured silently, before standing up slowly. 

"There's no need!" I say to him, stopping him before he left the room.

"Why?" He stopped looking at me, his eyes narrowed. 

"Because Asher is at Finn's!" I say to him. "I think he's staying over there tonight," I openly lie to my husband.

Hiccup tilted his head to the right, slightly. "That can't be right," He said to me quietly. "He told me, Finn was going out tonight," Hiccup responded to me.  I just bite my lip hoping he doesn't put the pieces together. If Hiccup finds out Asher went to the Blowout, he'll lose his mind. While Hiccup is a very easy-going Father, he has a protective side to him. I don't blame him though. If he's anything like his own father, and as much as he doesn't want to admit it, he is -- he has a side of him that worries every possible bad thing would happen to his children. 

"Well, you don't need to worry about Asher, Hiccup," I say to him, standing up causing him to eye me up and down. 

"And why is that?" He asked me, a familiar tone in his voice.

"Because wherever our son is, he's fine!" I say to him, as I place my hand on his shoulder. "Asher isn't your average teenager, Hiccup," I add, holding my hand out, letting some Snow Flurries fly around our main entrance. The snow fluttered up, lining the railings of the staircase in beautiful designs. He seemed to stare at them for a moment before sighing.

"You're right," my husband sighed before turning to me. "Asher is a capable boy, I'm sure whether he's at Finn's or Celeste's, he'll be fine." I just smile, as Hiccup took a deep breath. 

"Now, do me a favour," I start to him. "Go say goodnight to your other children,"

"Yeah, okay," he replied before kissing my cheek. Deciding that he wasn't going to get away with such a petty kiss, I pull him to me, forcing him to kiss me properly. He didn't seem to complain, but I could tell he was struggling to find the air in his lungs. "You best be careful, Hrs. Haddock," he then said to me pulling away, spinning me away from him. 

"And why is that?" I ask him, folding my arms over my chest. 

He only shook his head smirking at me. "We already have three children, we don't need anymore!" He said to me, spelling it out for me before he walked upstairs. 

"Are you sure?" I ask, knowing he'll give me a reaction. "I'm pretty sure two more kids wouldn't hurt us!" I call to him. "Unless you don't have it in you!" He didn't seem to answer, but the only reason for that was because he was upstairs by Brielle and Connors Rooms. I smile to myself feeling proud of my comeback. Knowing Hiccup, he won't have a response to I said to him. 

After at least 4 minutes, Hiccup walked downstairs before giving me one of his devious smirks... Which could only mean one thing for us? "You best be careful what you say, my dear wife," he said to me before walking into the kitchen.

"What do you mean?" I ask him following him. 

"Nothing," he answered me, acting innocent. There's nothing innocent about him. But, there's nothing innocent about me either. "I don't mean anything,"

I only sat in front of him, as he stirred his drink. "Well, I mean. Asher isn't here... The twins are asleep." I say to him. I saw him raise a brow, but immediately lower it. He seemed interested in my advances but at the same time, he's probably in a lot of pain.

"What are you implying?" He asked me, coughing quietly into a Paper Towel. "Spell it out for me, will you?"

I only smirk, twirling my hair... Convincing him was easier than I thought it would be.