The Journey Begins...

(Y/N) and Kirby found themselves on a spiral-like mountain (its not Banjo-Kazooie I swear). "Jeez, we really need to install seat belts... on that reckless star, but that's besides the point. The things I should be asking are WHERE ARE WE WHAT HAPPENED TO EVERYONE WHY ARE THERE FLYING RAINBOW THINGIES IN THE AIR HOW WILL WE RETURN TO THE STATUS QUO-" Kirby gave (Y/N) a big ol' nub slap with his nub hands. "POYO!" Kirby directed (Y/N)'s attention to a Master Hand controlling Mario! "Thanks. Now we know where to start!" They ran down the hill, determined to save their allies. "Let's go get Mari-OOF-" The duo bumped into a spirit. But the spirit wasn't alone. It seemed to be controlling a replica of Mr. Jumpman himself. Kirby instructed it to move out of the way, but it didn't move. "Wait Kirby," (Y/N) spoke. "I think I've heard of these rainbow things before. They're called spirits, and they're the essence of life. I guess this is what happened to the bystanders..." The spirit spoke softly to (Y/N) and Kirby. "Forced... to fight... by... Galeem..." 

The Mario clone went into battle stance as it grabbed (Y/N), pummeling him up repeatedly. "Ack- ough- eep- YNGH!" He was thrown off the stage with a back throw, but Kirby saved him by use of inhale. Kirby spat (Y/N) right out of the ground, and did a taunt. But the spirit was not amused. Suddenly, a barrage of fireball were charging towards the duo at high speed! But Kirby and (Y/N) were able to copy the fire, making them Fire Kirby and Fire (Y/N)! (Yeah, this isn't how it works in smash, but if they can gain abilities this way it'll make for more interesting fights.) 

"Hey Kirby, are you thinking of duo attack number 39?" Kirby nodded towards (Y/N) with a determined smirk on his face. "Then we better not delay!" (Y/N) replied. (Duo attacks are like Bros. Attacks from Mario and Luigi)

Kirby began charging fire power with all his might. In order to do this duo attack, he needed to stay completely focused, otherwise the power would not suffice. While Kirby fired himself up, (Y/N) produced a fire lasso. The spirit was soon caught by the flaming lasso, as (Y/N) begin to spin rounder... and rounder... and rounder! Until...

swoosh!

BAM!

SLLLLLLAAAAAM!

In that moment, (Y/N) swung the enemy up in the sky, perfectly in sync for when Kirby used that energy to jump in the sky and DUNK the spirit! The pseudo-Mario vessel was shattered to bits upon impact as the spirit was no longer forced to fight. Kirby and (Y/N) waved goodbye to the spirit, but it seemed like the spirit refused to leave. Instead, it stayed by the two heroes. "Poyo?" Kirby pondered? 

The spirit claimed that it could increase the power of the duo to make saving the world go  way faster. "Really? Then it's ok for you to come along I guess. Besides, spirits can't get hurt. At least I think so... whatever." But Kirby asked (Y/N) about where'd all  the spirits would go, as there are many. (Kirby's poyos can be deciphered by (Y/N) btw) In response to this, the spirit seemed to summon... a regular looking bag? "I was expect something a bit more... you know... high technical?" The spirit got angry and mentally slapped (Y/N). "This bag deceives... spacious home... for spirits." The three peered inside, and what do you know, it's bigger on the inside. The spirit flew into the bag as Kirby saddled up to confront Mario.

"Wait Kirby!"

"Poy-poyo?"

"Don't you think we need a bit more firepower before facing off against one of the greatest heroes of all time?"

Kirby stepped back from the area Mario was lurking in. 

"We should probably recruit some more spirits, so we can get stronger, right?"

Kirby knew he could be a bit reckless, like the time his cake was stolen, so having (Y/N) around kept him in check. 

"Poyo!" Kirby approved of the plan. So everything was set!

"All right then. Operation: Getsomemorespiritssowecanfreemariofrommasterhandandthensavetherestoftheworldandmaybefindanewnameforthisidk is a go!"

Kirby was doing a bruh face. Like, he was bruhing so hard. The only thing stopping from going full on bruh was that (Y/N) was a friend of his. "H-hey! I'm not the greatest with creative names!" Kirby facepalmed as they went out to look for some spirits.