Over protectiveness

I had already finished my popcorn twenty minutes into the movie. I've also died a few times. The movie turned out way scarier than I thought. Jungkook let me cling onto his arm for a while and oddly enough Yoongi eyed us almost every ten seconds. Tae didn't mind. He knew Jungkook would stay true to his word.

I jump again as something pops out and scares the crap out of me. I look at Jungkook with puppy dog eyes as he looks at me worriedly. "You good?" He whispers. I shake my head no quickly and he stifles a laugh. I give him an angry look as I turn back to face the movie.

Soon enough the movie ends. As soon as the lights turn on I run out forgetting everything I had. All of the boys catch up to me laughing as I wait by the door ready to go right now.

"Alright Y/N you ready to go?" Taehyung asks me laughing. I give him a cross look and start walking out of the building to the cars.

As we get in the car I sit in the front passenger seat next to Jin. They each thank Jin for taking them and I smile at him.

"Y/N can I have your address so I can drop you off?" You look at Tae who sat behind Jin so he could easily translate for you.

He goes wide eyed for a moment. You nod your head and he gives him your address. Five minutes later you reach your house. Yoongi decides to walk you up because it's quite dark outside.

You both get out of the car and he walks you up the long path with him behind you. You take out your phone and open up a document and type something into it. "Can you come inside with me? Mom scares me sometimes. She gets really mean." You show it to him and he goes wide eyed for a moment but nods his head.

You quickly add that only Tae knows and he can not tell any of the others.

You unlock the door and step inside. Yoongi walks behind you as you try to sneak up the stairs. "Get back down here!" You signal for Yoongi to stay there and you walk back down. "Where the h*ll were you?" She asks screaming into your face.

You stand there and hold your ground as you see Yoongi peer his head around the walls corner behind your mom. "Speak you idiot! Jesus christ." She throws her arms up in a sort of defeat only to slap you hard across your left cheek. Your head snaps to the side as tears gather in your eyes and you run back to the stairs just around the corner, slumping down on the wall in front of Yoongi.

He sits down beside you and waits until he hears the back door open and shut as your mom goes out. He grabs you hand and pulls you up. The two of you walk outside with his arm around your shoulders, your cheek growing redder by the second. Small tears make their way out of your eyes as the two of you walk back to the car.

"I'm going to murder someone." Yoongi mumbles under his breath just loud enough for you to hear. He looks down at you and notices the tears running down your face. You watch as he crouches down in front of you on the porch of your house. He cups your face with his hands and uses his thumbs to wipe away the tears.

"Don't worry Y/N. It'll be okay." He whispers, making you feel warm and fuzzy. Is this what it feels like to be in a movie? The two of you walk in silence back to the car.

By the time you reach the car, your entire left cheek is red and burning. "Hey Yoong-" Jin stops mid sentence when I get back in the seat next to him, my left cheek clearly visible. "What happened?" He asks quickly.

Yoongi explains what he saw and heard.

I look back at Tae and he looks guilty. I tap his knee. "What's wrong?"

"Oh nothing Y/N." The boys turn their heads toward us at the sound of his wavering voice.

You give him a rude look, your eyebrows raised and lips pursed, telling him to tell you what he was thinking about.

He smiles and rolls his eyes. "Just thinking about things. I kinda wonder if we could have prevented this. Brought you home instead of to the movies. If I didn't take you to meet them."

You scrunch up your features, your lips turning into a pout. "Don't say that." You turn around to sit back in your seat before he can reply.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading Chapter 4 of Mute. Sorry for the long wait, and I know, I'm a horrible person. I've had some terrible things going on in my personal life, and some debilitating injuries recently, all in the span of maybe three weeks. However, that's besides the point and I don't feel like burdening you guys.

Happy Early Thanksgiving! Have a great Thanksgiving tomorrow guys!

Stay happy and healthy (definitely eat your fill tomorrow!), borahae! <3