PROLOGUE

Shouting can be heard echoing throughout the cold concerete walls as uniformed men began to rush a man who in need of help. Medical help.

"Open it!"

The leading guard shouted at the people who were stationed in front of the medical offcer's workstation. They bring in the patient who was still gasping for air and is unable to move on top of the strecther

"Doctor!! We hear from his cell gasping for air. I think he might have an asthma attack. We need your help!!"

The doctor was in total state of shock. To him, he is a medical officer who isn't trained to handle emergency situations yet. He can only perform slight diagnoses, and give the prisoners medicinal drugs to ease their symptoms.

He brought out his stethoscope and quickly check his violent breathing but to no avail. His symptoms was beyond of his knowledge and in a state of panic, he pulled out his phone.

"Doctor, can you do something? He might die!"

"I know, I call 911 and bring the ambulance here!" He dashed out, leaving the guards to chase after him.

The patient was in excruating pain as he felt like he cannot breathe, despite how many times he does it. The violent breathing is causing him to lose grip of his own reality.

His mind begans to fade...

Then suddenly, a man came in, with his slight messy black hair covering his forehead and a tacky blue outfit, and set aside his janitorial belongings aside.

With a few drops of sanitizer to clean his hands, a custom code of every medical practice to be registered of every medical student, he began to pour in a bottle of disinfectant on top of the patient's chest.

He picked up an empty syringe and fused it together with a needle. He then located the source of his illness with only his two fingers.

"Having a history of high blood pressure...."

He then move his fingers towards his abdomen..

"No history of asthma....."

With an intent gaze, he deducted a potential cause...

"Doesn't do any vigorous activities..."

"Pulmonary Hypertension."

He then plunge in the tip on his chest and began to suck out a portion of his blood and empties it out on a vacant tray. He repeated the process once again and the patient's breathing rate is beginning to slow down.

He smirked and left the scene, but not before leaving a simple note for the returning guards. He was annoyed that the medical officer left his patient like that....

Suffering in his pain....

The guards return, bewildered that the officer in question were nowhere to be seen. As they entered the room, they were amazed that the patient went back to normal. Normal as in, he was unconscious and not breathing heavily anymore.

"What? He's okay?" They rushed towards him.

One of the officer pick up the note and read it thoroughly. They both have the same shock expression plastered on their faces.

"Please find a new medical officer. It's the 3rd time this month and you all keep hiring pieces of shit. : ^)"

"Is this......"

"Inmate 6238?"

*****

A fine early morning were displayed on the lands of Seoul, Korea. The early worms were wide awake and are ready to start the day. Well, not one.

A young lady in his mid 20s is still up from last night as she busy scheduling her flight tonight. A one way trip to UK. Everything was set except for the lack of money. She need it and she need it fast.

The house was in ruins, piles of books were scattered amongst the floor. Every coins and WON bills were the target of her rummages. Her mid length brunette hair was a mess, and her eyes were suffering to stay open.

As she was to drift off to sleep, her phone rang.

Which made her stumbled backwards on her chair. She struggled to get up and yank her phone on the table, not bothering to check who it was.

"Hello, Mina speaking."

"Hello, Minaring~~"

"Uncle Jinyoung?" Her eyes scrunched up.

"Yes it's me, I heard you run out of money. I can give you a sufficient amount if you work here."

Hearing this, her eyes lit up. "What's the job?"

"Wow, so eager. Since your a medical student, I really need your help being a medical officer for Seoul National Prison. The pay here is good."

Mina paused for awhile after hearing the word 'medical'. To think that she must work as a medical practitioner for one last time sure is taking a toll on her.

She looked at her hands....

The vivid memories of her blood stained hands were flashing non-stop....

"Mina?" She came back to reality, and resumed the call.

"Y-yes?"

"Soo.... would you like to take the offer?"

Mina thought about it for awhile, at last she sighed. "Okay, I will take it."

Once again this story is directly based on the Korean Drama, Doctor John. I'm not at all want to still the plot but I just want to make a reimagined version of it ft. Jimina. Go support the drama as it is really good: