CHAPTER 2 : INMATE 6238

Everything was in chaos in the prison's outdoor courtroom. Mina was panting violently as she kept running through the crowd. It appears that someone, a slightly larger and chubbier body size is trying very hard to breathe, gasping for air as he was on the verge of passing out.

"Make through!! Get away!!" Mina pushed aside along with three wardens by her side. The crowded began to ease up as they made way for Mina to examine the situation

As the situation became more clearer, Mina eyes widen in fear. There he was, trying his best to stay conscious and struggling through the pain. Mina quickly pulled out his stethoscope and began to try and find the cause of his intense breathing

"Mister, Mister." He tapped his cheeks repeatedly to try and find a response but all she got was a disgruntled grunt.

She tried to put her ears closer to see if he mumbled any coherent words but to no avail, he was almost knocked out. Mina has to resort to the standard emergency procedure.

"Get an Ambu bag and oxygen tank. Call 911" She looked back at Taecyeon. He nodded. "Okay."

She then proceeded to check his breathing using the stethoscope on multiple sections of his torso to try and diagnose his critical condition. Amidst her diagnosis, a prisoner spoke up.

"He'd be acting weird since last night."

"That's right. He coughed a lot saying he's out of breath." Another prisoner beside her also relaying some information towards the flustered Mina.

"Did he have diarrhoea too? Anyway, he had an upset stomach and a sore throat." The prisoners around are getting anxious and is now disrupting Mina's observation due to the loud chattering coming from them.

"Be quiet."

A simple order managed to silence the whole courtroom.

Mina checked his breathing, but this time with full focus. Then, she picked up something...

*Grgrgr*

"Stridor..."

Stridor: a high-pitched wheezing sound caused by disrupted airflow

"Is something stuck in his throat?"

"What did he eat? Could it have gotten lodged in his throat?" She asked one of the prisoners.

One of them realised something. "Fish.... He said he'd swallowed a fish bone and that it hurts."

"A fish bone?"

He also continued. "He also ate a sausage he'd hidden... it smelled a bit disgusting." One by one, the crowd began to speak up. "Yes! That's why he had diarrhoea.

"A rotten sausage... Bacteria?" Mina meticulously  brainstorming any potential causes that lead to this symptoms and their disease factors.

Just then, the warden came with the medical supplies Mina wanted. "Hey, get out of the way!"

"Give me the Ambu bag!"

Mina installed the breathing apparatus onto his mouth and nose and turn on the oxygen pump. A human can only last for 3 minutes before the brain gets deprived and start taking damage.

Mina pressed down the Ambu bag at the correct breathing intervals but the worst case scenario just had happen, leaving Mina mortified.

"His throat is so swollen.... the oxygen isn't getting in!"

Taecyeon panicked. "Then what?"

"The ambulance. Is it ready?"

"Not yet." Taecyeon replied.