Chapter 7 - The Sauna Test

Third Person POV

The party met at Mike's basement again the next day. Will was telling them about how it feels when he gets close to the Mind Flayer. Afterwards, Will said that since he got the Mind Flayer out of him, he thinks that it is now looking for a new host, he believes that they 'locked' the Mind Flayer in Hawkins with them. This lead them to the public pool where Max's big brother, Billy, was. They think that he's the new host since he's been acting weird for a while now. The boys came up with the idea of locking Billy in the sauna and 'burning' the Mind Flayer out of him, like what happened to Will, if he was the new host, when the pool closed, then it would be fairly obvious. There would be a mannequin in the sauna and taped to it would be a walkie where Mike would be speaking to try and draw Billy in, and once he's in, El would push him back and they lock him in there and turn up the heat until it reaches 220 degrees. They found all the materials they needed, it was time to put the plan into action.

The plan commenced, Mike was now luring Billy in to the sauna while they all hid in a closet. Once he was in there El did as planned and pushed him back and closed the door which let Mike, Will, and Lucas have the opportunity to lock him in there. They all took a step back, Y/n was next to Will who was told by Max to turn the sauna on the highest setting.

Billy started screaming and commanding to let him out of the sauna, he spit on the door window and said, "Open the door." In a quiet voice at first but then hit the door loudly and screamed, "Open the door." Which caused all of them to jump, Y/n's hand went on Will's due to the scare but she quickly said sorry and retracted her hand back, this didn't stop them from both blushing and Y/n being very embarrassed but Will grabbed her hand again with no word. Billy then sunk to the ground as Will checked the temperature that the sauna was in,

"We're at 220." Billy started sobbing, he started saying that it wasn't his fault which lead Max closer to the door to comfort her brother. Will then put his hand on the back of his neck again, he shudders as he said "I feel him. He's activated." Y/n's eyes widened while Mike screamed for Max to get away from the door. But it was too late, Billy punched through the glass with a sharp piece of the wall that was on the floor, trying to hurt Max. He took off the iron bar that was put on the door to keep him there, that's when Lucas used his slingshot to hit Billy with a rock which let Max get back with the group. The lights started flickering as Billy roared and ran towards the door to push it down, he did that a couple times until he succeeded. It was now a face off between Billy and El, Lucas went in front of Max to protect her, and so did Will for Y/n. El lifted up a barbell and used it to push Billy to a wall and slowly choke him. But Billy was strong enough to go against El's powers and push the barbell towards El which hit her right in the head, making her vulnerable enough for Billy to grab her hair and choke her.

They all watch, frozen, the room filling with El's screams. In horror, Y/n sneakily grabbed the iron bar they used to lock up the sauna door, and when Billy wasn't looking, she nudged Mike as she ran behind Billy and hit him on the head with the bar which let Mike run towards El. "Go to hell, you piece of shit!" But as Y/n was about to strike again, Billy stopped her just in time with a cold, empty stare, however, she was able to kick Billy in the face with her foot with enough force that he become pissed. He threw the bar to the side and slowly walked towards her, pushing her into the wall, nothing happened though because El gained enough energy to make Billy levitate up with telekinesis, and throws him completely through the concrete wall of the pool house. Y/n ran to Will's arms as Mike comforts the wounded El, and Billy staggers away. 

They all walked home in silence, trying to think of a new plan to stop Billy and the Mindflayer without any of them getting hurt. 

"You sure you're okay?" Will asked Y/n,

"I should be asking you that question, you're the one who has a part of the Mindflayer attached to you."

"It never really hurts me, it's nothing."

"Sure it is, Will." 

"No really, are you okay? You literally stared into the guy's eyes, how did you keep your cool like that?"

"I'm an actress, Will. I'm good at hiding emotions." 

"Well you never have to hide your emotions with me."

"I know I don't." Y/n smiled as she kissed Will on the cheek.