Chapter 9 - In His Mind

Third Person POV

As Max, Will, Y/n, Lucas, El, and Mike were running through the hallways they spotted Jonathan who was smashing a window to get to Nancy and the fleshy monstrosity that began disintegrating into a pile of flesh that oozed under the door of the room. El blasts the door off of its hinges and effortlessly tosses the creature from wall, to wall, to ceiling, and back to the floor again, crushing each surface it lands on with the force of impact. Seemingly unharmed, it lunges at El until she launches it backward through the window and out of the hospital to splatter onto the ground several floors below, where it once again begins to disintegrate into a viscous liquid that drains away into the sewers. 

They got back in the car to all head home when Y/n spoke up, "Aren't you guys a bit worried that that thing is going to attack you and your family since it knows where we live?" Everyone looked at each other and nodded,

"What do you suggest then?" Jonathan asked,

"Okay, it knows where you and Will live since it literally attacked you guys a few years ago or something. It knows where Max lives since, duh, Billy. Mike and Nancy, yours is the expected meeting place. That leaves Lucas', El's and, mine. I'm pretty sure, Lucas, your parents would be very suspicious if you have all of us over. El, I know Hopper isn't home but you literally live in the woods. So, I suggest my place."

"Wouldn't your parents be weirded out too?" Lucas pointed out,

"My mom's not home, I've been staying at Will's so that house literally  has no one in it."

"Your dad?" Lucas added,

"Working in New York."

"Alright, but we're stopping by each of our houses to get clothes. Then we can go to yours. Do you have enough room though?" Nancy said,

"I have my mom's room, got my room, and 2 guest rooms."

They all arrived at the L/n's. Y/n organized everyone into rooms, the girl's taking Y/n's room, the boy's taking one of the guest rooms while Nancy and Jonathan take the other.

Most of the teens were sleeping by now, it was 12:30 pm, Y/n was still awake, she was reading her book when someone knocked on her door, "Hey," Y/n looked over at the door to see Will,

"Oh, hey. Why are you still awake?" She asked, closing her book and putting it away,

"Couldn't sleep, the guys snore loud, I can hear it from here," Y/n chuckled,

"Now that you mention it, yeah I can hear it too."

"Do you mind if I just hang around here? I mean, I could take the couch but I just don't like that the guys could wake up any time and draw something on me."

"I wouldn't even be surprised if they did that," she scooted over to make some space for Will, "that'd be really funny actually."

"For you, sure, but for me and my skin? Not at all." He made his way to the bed and casually sat down, "Remember when they drew a whole beard on me once,"

"How could I forget? I helped get it off of you, it took so much alcohol and that towel we used was fully black."

"I still don't know why and how I didn't wake up."

"Exactly, they were literally drawing on you."

"Yet you didn't stop them." Will scoffed,

"It was pretty funny." Y/n giggled, "I mean, we could always get revenge,"