𝟒

He could feel himself began tearing up, the exempt tears floating within the vitrine's green water. Perhaps this was his fate all along.

His alternative to going with Prime was all now a useless delusion.

At sunrise, he was too forget all about who he was. It was dusk which would mean, tomorrow would be a brand new beginning. He would forget everything and everyone he ever crossed in Etheria.

No "Lord" Hordak; no Horde of his own; no...blames on him for the portal incident; no...her.

He was never going to see her again for good. He wouldn't even remember her. Never to hear her hyper, seraphic voice ever again.

Perhaps this was for the best. If he forgot about her, she'd have to forget him in the future. She deserved better than a defective clone who couldn't even conquer a planet. His brothers took days to conquer but he couldn't conquer one in the decades he spent.

"But there's still so much data we could collect. What's the rush? We'll just keep working on it till it's perfect,"

He could've sworn her voice was practically implanted to his head.

"Imperfection is what makes scientific extermination possible. Imperfection is beautiful! At least to me,"

Gods...How on Etheria was she that infuriatingly optimistic?

"But you're my friend. I can't just leave you here,"

No! It was for her own good. She deserved to be with people of her kind, with people who just might understand her if they just try. If he hadn't told her and the others to flee, Prime would've had them imprisoned again and possibly killed.

"None of them will be as nice as you were when we were lab partners,"

Was he just suppose to accept the fact that the princess cared for him too? It's easier said than done if you asked him. Even if she came to his rescue, he'd forget her and her hair, her gleaning eyes, her...

"Hordak?"

...voice.

No, it couldn't be. She can't be here, she's not supposed to be here. But she was. Had she gone mad?!

The princess lifted herself off the ground with her hair and dipped her arms inside vitrine water. It was cold and nearly everything except his eyes were white or green. Entrapta may have saved him.

"Entrapta," Hordak breathed. Entrapta pulled him into an embrace, softly crying onto his shoulder as he held her into his own veiny arms.

"I gave you a simple task and you couldn't do that,"

"Well, I'm resilient," Entrapta helped him up. "And besides, I wasn't going to let you suffer here any longer,"

"You need to leave now or else Prime will find you and do who knows what," Hordak pleaded to her.

"Nope, you're coming with me and you're telling me everything about what Prime did to you,"

"I did this to myself! Had I not opened that portal, Prime would've never found Etheria!" Hordak shouted at her.

BOOM!