Genta Ketsueki-bi

He was a talented swordsman and the pride of the Blood Sun Clan but the fate of the family did not set a path that brought upon a day when swords of the same house cross, where all intention is to kill one another.

"Perhaps if you have not fallen in your training, maybe one day you will find me... but it's best that you do not."

Words were never his strongest quality of character but his emotion was what set him apart from everyone else and if it not for a careful eye at watch, what was within him would have gone too far. Beloved by his sister Gabrielle she was with him as charged not only because they were siblings but to be her mentor of the sword as it is said: One is born naked and remains naked up until the way of the sword is grasped between the soul and body.

"What is the soul of the sword?" Was Genta's life question, as the son of his father his duty was one day to see to the manor and community of his family and as a custom, the Ketsueki-bi lived among themselves, cut off from the world.

An early life wroth with expectation causes him to seek the outside boarders of the valley as he would often travel the eastern world looking for an opponent who can defeat him and though unannounced a reputation saw to it a name- Kurai meaning dark.
It was not out of fear of men that the Blood Sun remained hidden but it was what Genta had enveloped himself in; the nature of Chi no kyoki – BLOOD MADNESS

With full knowledge of the house he was trained by a man dead, his grandfather Hado in the art of the reversed style which was a form Genta's father could not teach him and for 3 years he was gone just at the age of 17.

The nights in waiting drawing closer to the end were spent in silence and it was of a reason well historically written in the scrolls of succession decorated and memorialized in festive lanterns which bed on many graves.

Genta resented his family heritage for his own reasons but they were not as transparent in his training as to when those times ago protecting his little sister constantly whenever she caused trouble. Every lash of a whipping stick or cut made on himself in deception to better provoke his fault in broken ancestral pottery was something to treasure in his stay with Hado.
The snow was no hindrance as the wind carried a blizzard on that day he returned and challenged his father. No light was more enthralling than the spark of steel meeting edges but to a child put to bed early, perhaps spared from ever seeing the truth of that conflict...or at least for a while.

Intent to kill was the cruelty of the Ketsueki-bi for it was a sword style meant to save lives, not take it away. The drench of blood is a stain worn by those who wield Chi no kyoki right to the bone. Death would not take them so easily for it demands a son's heart in its practice... to kill his father taking the honor as Head of the Ketsueki-bi Clan.

Ever since childhood his sister was always fond of him and wanted to play every day the same 'village game' as it was taught to her by Genta. He would close his eyes and count to 10 as she will hide then afterward he would try and find her but that time he decided to let her follow him just outside the valley to a special flower field where he changed the rules of the game entirely.
This was where he displayed a skill set to her in complete trust and stated in words that she was the only one he could.

The Chi no kyoki was said in half-truths to be the unlearning of the Ketsueki-bi sword which one other man besides himself knew. Genta was told by Hado that the rare ability to retain both styles of the sword could only be accomplished by a true prodigy.

The complexity of the era Genta sought after was without an answer to his question that could neither Hado nor his father Saiken comment. If Intent was the only way the house would ever stand then he would do only what can be done and render the nobility faceless as Genta denounced the title after just a year as the head.
He disappeared leaving the scroll of succession halved from his blade as a means to no more bloodshed and as that night, spared his little sister from this sight having sent her away to that meadow.

The flowers were beautiful in the spring and the petals danced in the wind in such a way at that specific moment when the wind circles the mountains... Something he thought she should enjoy instead of crying over him but she wasn't crying not even after he had left her...but for a different cause that would drive her to Intent.

In truth, Genta has only ever shown true Blood Madness twice in his life to anyone before his father and that was to a fighter name Desian and his Grandfather but an incident occurred before he left to train for the years.

The day when he took Gabrielle to the field, she got so tense in practice against him she got so vexed that she struck Genta with an unusual move only seen in Chi no kyoki sword.
He only knew then that she was starting to 'cloth' for her nakedness but saw the potential in the reversed art he never expected from her.

Either the reasons for just another conflict were exactly why he abandoned the Clan or in vision of his sister facing him one day being the end of it as a hope, little Gabrielle had become an instrument of vengeance in the wake of HIS DEATH.

The years spent in searching for peace are interrupted by the sight of a ghost and as a ghost herself, she had hoped to be where he was but the reality around them suggested otherwise.
It is snowing...It is cold to anyone else but for them, their blood was keeping them warm

"Brother...I know the answer..."

"Good then...Tell it to me before I die"

He wishes she would not find him but could not have been happier. He has been waiting for an end to his madness