Out of His Head

"Follow the light," Ratchet instructed Optimus as he shined a light into Optimus's optics "Good. Good." Ratchet turned the light off "I wouldn't advise anything strenuous, Optimus, but it appears that your systems have fully recovered from the Cybonic plague,"

"Thanks to your medical expertise, old friend," Optimus praised

"Yeah, but it was Bumblebee who braved unknown territory to locate the cure," I said from Ratchet's shoulder

"I didn't do anything," Bumblebee buzzed causing me to smile.

"Lucky for us, Megatron was still alive," Arcee claimed causing a shiver to go up my spine.

"Did you just..."

"Yeah, I actually said that,"

"What matters is that you are on the mend, Optimus," Ratchet said, "While Megatron..."

"Well we actually don't know what happened to Megatron," Bumblebee interrupted

"He's right. I did my best to finish Megatron's story. Just couldn't stick around long enough to see how it ended,"

My eyes wandered over to Bumblebee as he walked off.

***

"Basketball, by way of Cybertron." Miko cheered "Let the games begin," she blew her whistle.

Bulkhead took the lob ball and threw it into the makeshift hoop.

"Yeah! Go, Bulk!"

Bulkhead took the lob back and looked at Bee "Come on. Best two out of three," he tossed it to Bee.

Bumblebee took the lob ball and began to dodge Bulkhead.

"Bee, you're in the clear!" Rafael cheered from where he, Jack, and I were sitting. "Dunk it, Bee!"

I watched in confusion as Bumblebee just stopped.

"Bumblebee quit hogging the ball," Bulkhead chastised

I stood up in shock as Bumblebee threw the lob at Bulkhead.

"Whoa!"

Miko blew her whistle "Eh, Flagrant Foul!"

"Dodge ball by way of Cybertron," Jack teased as he noticed I was on edge.

"Bee, Hoop's over there." Bulkhead reminded as he pointed to the hoop.

"I don't know what happened," Bumblebee buzzed

"Bee? You okay?" I asked

"Three out of five?" Bumblebee suggested

"Yeah." I nodded "Uh, three out of five,"

***

"Ratchet?" I voiced as I came in with Rafael, having picked him up after he called and we saw Bumblebee on the berth "What's going on?"

"Bumblebee's complaining of intermittent visions...waking nightmares if you will,"

"But you said Bee was fine when you checked him over," Rafael argued

"Physically, but the experience he endured seems to be having a temporary effect on his psyche. This induced power-down should force Bumblebee's mind to rest and recover," Ratchet and the Autobots turned to his computer as it beeped.

"Prime..." Agent Fowler said on screen "You spot any Decepticons wearing hula skirts lately?"

"No, Special Agent Fowler," Optimus said, "Why?"