Dr. Linda's Christmas Lesson

"I need your help, Doctor," Lucifer announced when he walked into the office without knocking at the door.
"Obviously," Linda said.
"I will celebrate christmas with the Detective and her offspring and..."
"You do what?"
"...I have to buy presents now and probably sing these horrible christmas carols and..."
"But that's great, Lucifer!"
"No, it is not. I hate christmas."
"Then why did you say yes?"
"I had no choice."
"This seems to be your all time excuse," Linda said. Her patient didn't react so she sighed. "And what do you need me for?"
"Help me with your christmas traditions."
"Why don't you ask Chloe?"
"Because you are my therapist. I pay you for helping me."
"You don't pay me."
"I cannot stand the thought the Detective and her offspring look at me like I am a total idiot. Please, Linda, help me."
"You know they would never do that," the doctor complained but the devil looked at her pleadingly. "Alright, sit down. Where should I start? During christmas time, children open a calendar filled with candy every day until Christmas Eve. It's supposed to short the waiting time for Santa."
"Who is Santa?"
"Santa Claus brings the presents. He's old, has a white long beard, wears a red coat and he's not the slimmest. He lives at the North Pole together with elves which help him to make the toys. On Holy Night, he flies with his sleigh pulled by reindeers all around the world to distribute the presents to the nice children, but he only enters the house when everybody's asleep."
"And kids really believe this story?"
"Everybody needs something to believe in."
"But how does this Santa dude know what to give as a present?"
"Children write letters to him."
"This is even more unrealistic than my own story," he said. "What else?"
"Christmas is the feast of love and family, so there are many family activities in December: baking cookies, buying a christmas tree and decorating it. Some families have special traditions like watching the same movies in this time of the year. On December 24th, the most families visit church."
"Oh no!"
"If I were you, I wouldn't worry too much. I don't know if Chloe will go to church service, but if so, I'm sure she won't force you to go with them."
"You are right. The Detective is a respectable woman. Thank you, Doctor."
The devil was about to leave but Linda stopped him.
"Lucifer. Show her you're interested in christmas and her way of celebrating it. She invited you, you mean a lot to her."