Breathe-92

Joseph's Pov

What happened? I remember thinking about if I would die because of my own blood but then what happened? Did I faint? Was it from blood loss? Was it from exhaustion? I did freeze time for quite a long time. It could be from that.

I feel okay. Well, except for the lack of feeling in my mouth. I guess though that would be normal after getting something cut out of your mouth. I keep my eyes closed as I bring my hand to my mouth. That's when I notice my mouth is actually open. It hasn't been able to do that for a while. I slowly open my eyes after that realization. This time there isn't a bright light like there was last time I woke up. I opened my eyes and sat up. I wasn't sure where I was, all I could say was I hadn't been here before.

As soon as the door opened I started to have a coughing fit. My eyes instinctively closed. It was like my body was trying to remove all the air from my lungs, even after I had just taken in that air. I couldn't decide whether it was the spit or the sudden gust of air but one of them felt like daggers on the inside of my cheeks and lips. I wonder who just came in but I can't stop to look. Thinking about it I didn't hear if the door ever closed or not. Did I just imagine that the door was opening?

Suddenly I felt something being placed over my mouth and nose. I felt someone's fingers around the edge of whatever was put around my mouth. It didn't seem to do anything. I could still breathe normally.

Why?

Huh.

When I thought about breathing. I started to see things. I felt like, I couldn't breathe. I felt like, my lungs were collapsing on me. This is when I saw things. I don't think they were of things that were actually there. It was like...infrared. That's what it's called.

I feel like my brain is fogging over like a bath bomb being released into a bathtub of clear water. At some point, I think I stop coughing. It's hard to tell. I've lost all feeling in myself. All except this prominent pain in the left of my throat. I try to open my eyes but all I see is fuzziness of the blackness my eyes cast me in.

Nothing. Here, there, now, then. I felt something, but nothing. I was surrounded by so much it felt like nothing. I wanted to move. I wanted to free myself from these invisble chains like how my brain wanted to be free of my skull. I was in so much pain, there was no oxygen in my mouth. I needed air, but I didn't want it, even though I did. It was like I had frozen time, nothing seemed to happen except within me.

Maybe I should've listened.