In the dragon's lair

"Where is the contract, Mr Tamyth?" Dragos asked, once they entered the bridge.

"Read it very carefully," Smith said. "Take all the time," he looked down toward Dragos's hand. "Because it is right in your hand."

"No, it isn't," Dragos said, then paused as he looked down toward his hand. "It is."

"I handed it to you before we left my shuttle," Smith replied. "And I must be given the padd after you sign it. It is for very important matters."

"Record keeping," Dragos said, then laughed. "I understand that too well."

Loki lowered the panels.

The creatures began to take apart the consoles that reminded Loki of the same technology used in various spaceships. Long lasting in space as they were buttons, dials, light fixtures, and so on. But the design of the technology seemed sleeker, rounded, and more forward thinking rather than backwards thinking that felt simple and minimal at best. The old consoles were thrown into a pile then Loki guided the objects in the direction of the front window. He can see the planet Priplanus resting below reminding him of a yellow marble that had a dash of dark blue sweeping on the side and a splash of green on the top so it wasn't completely yellow. The guards began to work on plugging the consoles in with the cables sticking out of them while they were slid to the side away from the wall.

"Loki," Smith tapped on his shoulder.

Loki turned his attention toward the older man.

"Your work here is done," Smith said. "Return to the shuttle craft, immediately."

"Are you coming?" Loki asked, as Smith's eyes shifted toward Dragos then back toward the crowd.

"Not on your ride," Smith replied.

"You're supposed to come with me," Loki said, confused.

"Leaving would arouse suspicion," Smith replied.

"Isn't that a little too dangerous what you're doing now?" Loki asked.

"Dangerous, yes," Smith replied. "Good in the long run, yes."

Loki shook his head.

"We don't leave people behind," Loki said. "We are supposed to go back together. Not apart."

Not everything works out the way 24th century people want it in the 20th century and he had just told him why. The child didn't understand the severity of the situation. A child. A very young child who hadn't quite exactly been through almost a year of alien encounters and alien captivity. Smith had become very certain from his time among them that 24th century outer space wasn't that dangerous. A bunch of people holding hands despite their differences. Getting along, compromising, and people being helped to a point that eliminated having to abduct humanoids. It was a peaceful image. A very good utopia that worked too well.

"I have a back up escape plan," His blue eyes turned toward the hole in the wall decorated in neon lights and had a rounded glowing pad. "for my escape plan should they find out before hand which makes things go lop sided and be aware that something isn't right. This is a just in case precaution."

"I see now," Loki said.

Smith turned his attention down toward the boy with a stern glare.

"Go," Smith said. "Now."

"Oraco," Loki said, then went toward the door.

Loki came to a stop then turned halfway to face Smith who sent a familiar glare screaming his parental figure in every way. The young boy nodded giving a smile and a wave. Loki snapped his fingers vanishing before his eyes in a red decorative flash of light. Smith turned his attention off the door with visible relief and the tension in his muscles relaxed. Dragos was scrolling through the touch screen padd with his finger very slowly.