9 Training

"Pokémon Talking."

Pokémon Update:
Oshawott (m)- Mild
Moves: Tackle, water gun, razor shell
Pidove (m)- Quirky
Moves: Tackle, gust, quick attack
Lillipup (m)- Modest
Moves: Tackle, bite
Tepig (m)- Adamant
Moves: Tackle, ember, fire pledge
Munna (f)- Lax
Moves: Psywave, yawn, psyshock
Snivy (f)- Serious
Moves: Attract, vine whip, leaf storm
Blitzle (f)- Timid
Moves: Quick attack, charge

Before Touko faces Lenora, she and Cilan decide it's a good idea to train. The two head back to the Pokémon Battle Club. Walking all the way back to Accumula Town took a while, but Touko didn't complain. On Route 3, she met and gained a new friend. The Electrified Pokémon, Blitzle, joined her ragtag team. She felt really bad when she met the poor thing. When Cilan, Oshawott, and her stumbled upon the Pokémon it hid behind a bush, too afraid to approach the trio. With a lot of coaxing and sweet Pokéfood, courtesy of Cilan, Blitzle agreed to join Touko on her journey.

Cilan and Touko arrive at the Pokémon Battle Club. Don George welcomes them before personally showing them to the training area. He leads them to a medium sized room full of weights, treadmills, and sparring dummies.

"Wow!" Cilan and Touko awe over the room.

"You are now standing in our Pokémon Battle Club's training room. You may train to your hearts content!" Don George encourages.

"Great!" Touko exclaims, her eyes lighting up as they flash around the room. "Thanks a lot, Don George."

"Let's start with Tepig," he suggest. "Tepig will be using that machine," he points to a large treadmill, big enough to hold five people.

"Cool!" Touko takes a Pokéball from her belt. It expands and opens up, "Tepig, let's go!" A blue light flashes and Tepig appears on the ground.

"Hey! Are we starting?!" Tepig asks, looking up at his trainer.

"Almost," Touko replies.

"First off, the key to defeating gym leader Lenora is all about rising you Pokémon's speed and attack." Dom George explains.

Touko nods, thinking, "So I'll have my Pokémon practice on speed." She turns to Don George, "After, can we use a battlefield?"

"Sure!" Dom George replies.

"Thanks!" Touko smiles then turns to Tepig, "Of course that means I'll be joining my friends as well!" Touko grabs all her Pokéballs in her hands. One after another, the Pokéballs enlarge them open, each bringing a new team member to the floor. "Ok, guys! We'll be working on speed and I'll be joining you!"

Her Pokémon nod before pairing into groups of three and hopping on a treadmill—except for Munna and Pidove. Touko joins the last treadmill, holding Oshawott and Tepig. The treadmills slowly begin to start before settling into a running pace.

"I'm upping the speed," Don George says from behind a computer. Simultaneously, there two treadmills power up, causing its occupants to run faster. Once Touko's team got used to the speed, Don George starts to mess with his computer again, "Now, the real training will begin!"

"What?" Touko asks, turning to Don George."

"Oh no."

"That doesn't look good."

"Bring it on!"

"Oh, dear. This will be bad."

"I-I don't think this is a good idea."

Touko hears all her Pokémon's worries. She watches at two small shooters emerge from the wall for each treadmill.

"I want you to dodge and counter what your would imagine as Shadow Balls." Dom George explains right before a black ball shoots out from one cannon for each treadmill.

"Work together, team!" Touko calls as she dodges to the side.

"Remember, Lenora's shadow balls aren't going to be as easy to deal with." Don George says before tapping at his computer.

The black balls start to shoot at a faster rate, forcing Touko and her Pokémon to run faster.

"I'm raising the speed." Dom George taps on his computer, "Stay on your toes!"

"W-what toes?!" Blitzle stutters, her hoofs clopping left and right.

Touko snorts, laughing along with her Pokémon.

"Now prepare for shadow balls from behind!" Dom George warns. Two more shooters emerge from behind each treadmill.

"Oshawott, water gun. Snivy, vine whip!" Touko shouts her commands.

Oshawott jumps in the air and turns, releasing a stream of water. Snivy uses her vines to bat away the balls.

Touko looks over he shoulder, watching he two Pokémon succeed, "We still need more fire power." She says as her two Pokémon land back on their treadmill.

The whole team began to work in their own areas. The trio of starters stick together and have a three-way fight; Pidove practices his ariels in the sky, working on attack and defense;

Training end in the evening, so Touko and Cilan decided to eat at a nearby park. Cilan lays out the portable table and cookware and begins to start on their early dinner. Touko pulls out her Pokéfood for her Pokémon. "Let's see," Touko mumbles, reading over the cans, "Dry, sweet, spicy, bitter.... I have everything!" She lays out the cans on the table. Touko glances over at the Pokémon. Her Pokémon and Cilan's are busy playing in the wide, open field. Touko turns back and begins to pour the food into separate bowls.

"Touko," Cilan continues to cook. His finger points to his bag, "Can you get my Pokéfood from my bag? The biggest pocket."

"Sure!" Touko sets her cans down and finds Cilan's bag. Unzipping the largest pocket, she pulls out all the cans and puts them on the table, away from hers to not get them mixed up.

Touko turns her attention back to her Pokémon's food. She finishes the last bowl when she hears some commotion. Looking over to the Pokémon, she spots a certain tea-green haired male. Touko walks over to her Pokémon and stands next to N, who is crouching and talking to their Pokémon. "N?" Touko calls, catching the man's attention. "What are you doing here?" She asks.

The Pokémon greet her, earning a smile from the trainer.

"Hello, Touko," N softly says.