Chapter 4_Rising

Newt's POV
I don't have any idea why me and Thomas are following this young lad. But anything about Claire, I am sure to give it up myself just to have her.

We were on this hole wherein you have to crawl on these tunnels to go places on this facility.

Aris was first, then I'm on his back then Thomas. I wanted to ask so many questions to Aris but I'll start with this, "How do you know Claire?"

"I heard you at the mess hall earlier." He replied looking back at me and continued crawling

We finally stopped at the area where we could see people bellow

"Do you think what I'm thinking?" Aris asked

"Are those..."

"Yeah. Human bodies." Aris cuts my sentence

"I knew there's something not good on this place." Thomas said

"And I am sure Claire's in there." Aris pointed to a room wherein a doctor swiped her I.D and the sliding doors automatically opened

"We need to have a plan to get her." I looked at them and looked back at the door

"This institute is hiding many secrets than what we can imagine." Thomas blurted

I couldn't agree more to Thomas. There are so many things to be asked about this place. I won't rest until I found you Claire.

Next day...

I was woken up by the noise of an armed man came inside of our room.

"Rise up and eat your breakfast at the mess hall after 30 minutes." He blurted

Minho was already up from his bed and doing some stretching. Frypan and Winston were sitting to their beds. And Thomas, wait, he wasn't up yet?

The guy who is always early in waking up was now late? I come closer to him and he was sweating a lot even though the room was at a normal room temperature.

"Thomas...Thomas can you hear me?" I tried to wake him up but he wasn't up

Something's wrong with him. I called Minho and the other gladers came closer to us trying to wake Thomas.

"I think we'll give him some air." Winston said

We backed off giving him air. We waited until he was catching for his breathe. We rushed to him to ask him, "Thomas, what happened to you?! Bloody you almost gave  us a heart attack!"

"Sorry guys. I just got bad dreams. Really bad dreams." Thomas said while sitting crossed leg on his bed

"What dreams?" Minho asked

Before Thomas could say anything the door suddenly opened in a loud thud.

"You guys should get dressed by now and eat your breakfast at the mess hall immediately!" The guard said furiously

So we followed his orders and I ordered them to get a shower while me and Minho stayed for a while to be with Thomas.

Thomas' POV

'Thomas excellent!'

'Thank you maam!'

'I want you to show something. Come with me.'

'See that? Those were the gladers - our experiments'

She showed me the gladers. Living in a community that they don't know of.

'But Thomas, there are also failed tests. Some of them can't stand it and died.'

She showed me pictures of dead Ben, Alby, and Chuck.

'Ben? Alby? Chuck? Why are you showing this to me?!'

'This is your doing, Thomas. You killed them.' The lady said while pointing at my hand

I looked down and saw that I was holding a metallic syringe like thing. I dropped it and as it landed on the floor, blood started to came out of it.

'This is outrageous! I didn't killed them! Those grievers did!' I shouted

'No Thomas. You failed me. So you leave me no choice but to terminate them.'

I shouted at her, curse her, but a griever came out behind her. I was looking at it then suddenly I looked behind me and saw Claire holding the same metallic syringe and injected it to me.

I fell down to the floor until I heard a voice calling my name

Thomas...Thomas.....Thomas wake up!

And then I woke up. Gasping for air. The gladers came closer to me.

"Thomas, what happened to you?! Bloody you almost gave  us a heart attack!" Newt said in a panicked manner

"Sorry guys. I just got bad dreams. Really bad dreams." I got up sitting in a cross sitting position on my bed

"What dreams?" Minho asked

"I..."

"You guys should get dressed by now and eat your breakfast at the mess hall immediately!" The guard said furiously

"Take a shower everyone!" Newt announced

All of the gladers went to their showers except for Minho and Newt who remained.

"What dreams are those?" Minho repeatedly ask

I sighed heavily. I wiped my sweat using a towel that Newt gave to me just now.

"It was the same woman wearing a white coat. It was really strange. I saw the old glade where everybody was doing their thing. Then I saw the dead bodies of Ben, Alby, and Chuck. It was devastating and she told me that it was my doing if why they are dead now."

I can't stop my tears from falling.

I wiped the tears while the two gave me a pat at my back.

"Sshh Thomas. We know it wasn't your fault." Minho calmly said

"I am holding this metallic syringe with blood going out from it. I...in a way... somehow like...killed them."

I looked at them and they are giving me this sad faces.

"Then I saw Claire..."

"Claire? What is she doing?!" Newt exclaimed questionably

"She...she was behind me. Holding too a metallic syringe and immediately injected me with it. I...fell down. And all became blur."

Newt leaned back to the chair that he was sitting on and crossed his arms.

"What do you think?" I asked them both

Minho shrugged his shoulders while Newt muttered, "Dreams are just dreams. And that's all I have to say."

He moved closer to me and pull out a hug. I can't help it but to hug him tight.

"Am I not part of this? Come on greenie bring it to me." Minho broke off my hug from Newt and the three of us were now in a group hug.

And after that we decided to take a shower.

***