please stay there a little longer

jeongguk wakes with a start.

the dream fades away, slipping out of his grasp and he suddenly can't remember any of it. he lifts his head off someone's shoulder, the movement causing that person to turn to him.

"guk? you good?" taehyung, with his soft yet sharp eyes and deep, hypnotizing voice.

jeongguk nods slowly. he doesn't know why he feels so weird, looking at his freckled friend. he observes his surroundings. they're in a train. all the boys are there, including jimin, who has his knees up to his chest, staring out the window.

"nice to know you're finally up," says someone in front of him. it's namjoon. he gives jeongguk a dimpled smile.

"yeah, you've been asleep forever, guk." seokjin, sitting next to namjoon, turns and raises his eyebrows. "hey, why are you so pale? are you sick?"

then, from the seat next to him, comes yoongi's voice. "huh? the kid's sick?" he reaches a hand over and presses it to jeongguk's forehead. "he doesn't feel warm."

"i'm not sick, hyungs," jeongguk says, swatting yoongi's hand away when he tries to pinch his cheeks, puffy from sleep. "i just had a weird dream."

from in front of yoongi comes hoseok's voice, nice, sweet, and worried. "what kind of dream? are you okay?"

"i can't remember." jeongguk pauses, reaching into the darkness clouding his memory, trying to pull pieces of it together. he registers their suitcases stored away on empty seats of the train. there's no one except the seven of them. jeongguk looks out the window, blinking when he sees a boy standing outside on the side of some train tracks. the boy has the same hair as him. same face as him. as the train speeds ahead and jeongguk can no longer see the boy, he concludes he must be going insane. whatever dream he had was messing with his head.

"what are we doing? where are we going?"

jimin turns from the window to jeongguk, and for a second, jeongguk sees stars in his eyes.

"away."