Chapter 11 Tattooed arms

KEHLANI

A WEEK LATER

I woke up to the alarm on my phone screaming directly in my ear from under my pillow. I took me a second to remember why I had it set and then it hit me. Kyle was coming in, he refused to let me pick him up at the airport because the media so I was meeting him at the same hotel as last time and then my letter from UCLA should be coming today. It was beyond perfect timing, I was going to open it with Kyle after I told him I applied. I haven't told anyone yet. I reached under my pillow turning off my alarm ripping my phone off the charger throwing on my fluffy Ugg sandals. I ran from my room and down the hall out of the front door to the mailbox to see the mailman driving away. I ran to the mailbox grabbing all the mail. I flipped through it, pushing each envelop in the back of the stack that didn't belong to me. Finally my eyes landed on an UCLA envelop addressed to me. I took a deep breath smiling looking at my ticket to freedom.

"KEHLANI WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I heard dad yell. My head snapped up my eyes darting to across the street to see dad talking to the neighbors in his suit. My hair was in a rats nest on the top of my head, I wore a thin black tank top, black Nike short athletic shorts and no bra.

"CHECKING THE MAIL" I yelled holding it up.

"GET INSIDE" He yelled at me. I walked inside tossing the mail on the coffee table taking my letter with me upstairs. I grabbed my backpack pushing the letter inside it. My phone vibrated in my hand and I seen Kyle texted me.

Kuuuzma🏀- I'm about to land. I'll text you when I get to the hotel

Me- I wish you would have let me pick you up😔

Kuuuzma🏀- I just don't want the media to get crazy. You aren't ready for that, I'd show you off to them like you were the finest diamond in the world but this is on your terms. I'll see you soon 😘😘 Don't forget your overnight bag, I'm keeping you tonight

How wrong he was and he didn't even know it. I was ready to be just Kyle's girl, I didn't want to be with Damarion. If UCLA works out and he's on the same page as me I'm going to breakup with Damarion regardless of what my dad has to say. I sent him back the kiss emoji and went to my closet looking for something cute to wear. I grabbed a white off the shoulder button up crop top, light high waist worn skinny jeans, and underwear. This top looked weird with a bra and Kyle wasn't going to tell me to cover up. I went down the hall to the bathroom getting in the shower doing what I had to do, I made sure my whole body was clean shaved and then got out. I dried off wrapping the towel around my long orange hair. I got dressed and grabbed all my toiletries such as my tooth brush, tooth paste, deodorant, body soap, shampoo and conditioner just the things I'd need for in the morning.

I walked to my room juggling everything dropping it on my dresser. I grabbed my hair and makeup stuff, I blow dried and straightened my hair putting it up in a classy messy bun. Once my hair looked exactly how I wanted it too I did my usual makeup but better than I ever had before. Once I approved of my look I grabbed my Nike duffel bag packing my blow drier, straightener, makeup, and toiletries. I went through my closet picking out an outfit for tomorrow neatly packing it away in the bag. Now shoes...I kept it simple and just put on a pair of black and white Yeezys my grandpa bought me. Then to top off my outfit I put in small simple golden hoops.

I couldn't lie, I looked bomb as fuck. I took an in the mirror video of my outfit and moved sideways showing off my tiny waist and big butt. In the background I had 'Daddy's home' by Usher playing. It seemed like it was appropriate for the occasion. I captioned the video 'Daddy's home🥴🤤'. I grabbed my bags going downstairs seeing Kyle texted me his room number. I walked outside seeing my dad getting in his car.